Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake reg or kitted out car?

• 27-11-2016 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭

Was in a Tesco car park yesterday and I caught a car in the distance with twin dual exhausts. When I got closer I noticed it was an Audi S6. Haven't seen many of them around and was curious of the engine size. So I looked up cartell. But it came back as a 2 liter A6.

Surely that's not what they're classed as? Or imported from UK and registered as an A6? Or someone kitted out an A6 to look like a S6 for some bizarre reason.

Just wondering if anyone would have an idea what's going on here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The cartell free report would tell you it was an s6 but would give the engine cc as 1998cc or whatever if there was an engine swap declared. (Which are always made up!)
    Could always be a replica or mis-registered on import too.

You can have twin exhausts on non performance cars too.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Was in a Tesco car park yesterday and I caught a car in the distance with twin dual exhausts. When I got closer I noticed it was an Audi S6. Haven't seen many of them around and was curious of the engine size. So I looked up cartell. But it came back as a 2 liter A6.

Surely that's not what they're classed as? Or imported from UK and registered as an A6? Or someone kitted out an A6 to look like a S6 for some bizarre reason.

Just wondering if anyone would have an idea what's going on here.

Usual just some skanger sticking badges on. Even the diesel A6 from 04 on came with dual exhausts iirc. S6 has a completely different stance to the a6 so hard to confuse the two imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

FYI the S6 has a 4.0L V8 engine, the previous model was a 5.2L V10

I'd imagine that there's a greater chance that it's a fake badge compared to fake reg details. But both are plausible I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did you have a look at the interior? Unlikely they also got the S8 seats, dials, wheel, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Did you have a look at the interior? Unlikely they also got the S8 seats, dials, wheel, etc.

I didn't as the front of it was parked close to the shop entrance and was facing the windows with the check out area in the Tesco. Didn't want to walk up and have a look in. I only really seen from the back and side. The bumper looked like the S6 one, as did the wings. It also had chrome wing mirrors, which I know is on some S models. Not sure about the 6.

Could be just someone trying to make an A6 look like a S6. For what reason, I've no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Bodykits are class. Worked great on my Micra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Could be just someone trying to make an A6 look like a S6. For what reason, I've no idea.
    Really?
    I have thought the reason was pretty obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

The car was good enough to
    Trick you and you would ldnthink
    That guy has an s6 if you hadn't looked
    Up
    Cartel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Mellor wrote: »
    Really?
    I have thought the reason was pretty obvious.

I obviously know his intentions. I'm talking about the, why bother aspect. When at the end of the day you're still sitting in a cosmetically dressed up A6.

Whatever about adding body kits to a car if you think it will make it look nicer. But trying to do one model up like another higher performance one is strange to me. Live and let and all that. But still find it odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'd say it's a great feeling being in a debadged S6 pulling up beside a dressed up A6 4 banger at the lights

Advertisement