Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Foreman/ Project manager

Options
  • 27-11-2016 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there
    I would appreciate any advice/ recommendations on how to find a site foreman/ project manager to oversee the building of my semidetached 3,200 sq foot home in Galway city.

I have detailed drawings ready to go drawn up by architect, engineer and mech and elect.

I have difficulty in raising the final tranch of funds required from banks to engage a builder directly so I am considering self build to keep costs down (KCD).
    Please advise on the savings that would be achievable through the self build process.

Thanks you
    Max KCD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Max KCD wrote: »
    Hi there
    I would appreciate any advice/ recommendations on how to find a site foreman/ project manager to oversee the building of my semidetached 3,200 sq foot home in Galway city.

I have detailed drawings ready to go drawn up by architect, engineer and mech and elect.

I have difficulty in raising the final tranch of funds required from banks to engage a builder directly so I am considering self build to keep costs down (KCD).
    Please advise on the savings that would be achievable through the self build process.

Thanks you
    Max KCD

prob find yourself a good allround experienced carpenter to look after and run the job for you
    not looking down on any other trades but a good carpenter is generally involved from leveling the pegs in the foundations right through to screwing the number on the front door when finished
    only thing is ...a good one probarbly costs as much as a builder .

Advertisement