Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage with earning less than €35,00

Options
  • 27-11-2016 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

My husband and I are looking to get a mortgage of 110,000-140,000 but we don't meet the central bank income requirement of €35,000 (single) or €45,000 (couple).

We have enquired with our local housing authority hoping to get a local authority mortgage but they advised they don't offer those anymore. Is that possible?

Would it be possible for us to get a council mortgage in other counties?

If not, is there any other ways of getting a mortgage?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

EllieVH wrote: »
    Hi,

My husband and I are looking to get a mortgage of 110,000-140,000 but we don't meet the central bank income requirement of €35,000 (single) or €45,000 (couple).

We have enquired with our local housing authority hoping to get a local authority mortgage but they advised they don't offer those anymore. Is that possible?

Would it be possible for us to get a council mortgage in other counties?

If not, is there any other ways of getting a mortgage?

I think the agency is called Home Choice Loans or something like that. Not sure if they offer loans for 2nd hand properties or if they are even still operating etc:

http://www.homechoiceloan.ie/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I think the agency is called Home Choice Loans or something like that. Not sure if they offer loans for 2nd hand properties or if they are even still operating etc:

http://www.homechoiceloan.ie/

They have the same income limits as in the op

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Stheno wrote: »
    They have the same income limits as in the op

I believe he was correcting the OP. The limits they have quoted are not the Central Bank requirements but the Home Choice Loan requirements.

OP many councils are not offering mortgages since so many of them are underperforming on arrears, twice as badly as the mortgages with the banks. You will need to contact individual councils about their current schemes as the information on their websites tends to be out of date.

Advertisement