Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipad 2 screen repair

• 27-11-2016 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Looking for recommendations of somewhere that does screen replacement (glass only) for an iPad2 ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Techstar across from Dunnes in the city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Go to Techstar.

Only thing youll also pay for a WIFI cable as 99% it breaks as its alongside the homebutton when you seperate the screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Why not have a go yourself, I got tired of paying €90 a time every time the kids broke the screens.

I buy the screens online now for about €13, you get a repair kit with the screen that includes screwdrivers, a suction cup to hold the screen and several picks to remove the old one.

The guys that charge for a wifi ariel are having a laugh, it is delicate but they should know where it is and avoid it if they are in the business of replacing screens.

I've replaced screens about a half a dozen times now and never needed to replace the wifi ariel.

FYI if you can't wait to buy a screen online there is a shop at the top of William St. that will supply a screen only for €25. I have no connection to the shop, I asked there a few weeks back about replacement screens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Techstar will rob you.

Try Limerick Tech Center beside Rio's Chipper 52 Parnell Street instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There's one up near the milk market €60. No warranty AFAIK
    The shop in Henry street/Castletroy are €120
    Think the one in Arthur's quay is €69 3 month warranty

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

colm_mcm wrote: »
    There's one up near the milk market €60. No warranty AFAIK
    The shop in Henry street/Castletroy are €120
    Think the one in Arthur's quay is €69 3 month warranty

There's also a guy on Fox's Bow who is worth calling to. No idea on price/warranty.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

There's a guy on Roache's street I've used a few times. I would recommend.

https://www.facebook.com/NP-Service-226413444168447/

Advertisement