Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22LR Long Rifle Tracer Rounds/ Ammunition/ Ammo

Options
  • 27-11-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi Everyone!
    I'm trying to get my hands on some .22LR Long Rifle Tracer Rounds/ Ammunition/ Ammo.
    Perhaps you have some that you no longer need or require?
    Perhaps you know where I can purchase them?
    Eley used to manufacture tracer rounds, but they ceased production a number of years ago.
    I'm not necessarily looking for the Eley brand, but they are the most likely to be knocking around, should you have a box(es) that you are willing to part with!
    (FYI, this is simply just for some FUN plinking/target shooting in the fields in which I shoot).
    I live in the Louth/Monaghan area.
    Thanks in advance!
    GR.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

90% certain illegal in Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

100% illegal

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Tracer rounds are legal as long as you have a restricted license for them as they are classed as restricted ammo.

Also i've moved this into the main forum OP, as it'll draw questions and chat posts that ordinarily are not allowed in the for sale section.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

'fun plinking/target shooting in the fields in which I shoot..................'

I'm just heating up the popcorn-maker right now.................

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Ghost Recon

Thanks for the replies and advice!
    Good to know!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Perhaps you know where I can purchase them?

The problem with it being restricted ammo is the RFD would have to have a restricted RFD license. There are only a handful of such dealers in the country so i'd start with them.

After that it would only be lads with some laying around as you mentioned above.

Sorry i couldn't be more help, but i think you may struggle with this one.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Had some many, many years ago, may have been Watts on the quays where the old man bought 'em. AFAIR they are HV solids, with red tips. To really get the effect of them they needed to be shot over a fairly long distance other wise due to the fact they were HV you'd see nothing on normal .22 ranges.
    I had a few left a couple of years ago and we fired them off at the end of a nights lamping.....very disappointed, I think they had reached their Best Before Date.
    Having had experience with mil spec tracer ammo these little lads are very, very disappointing they burn out or fall out of the sky way too quick.

(nice one Cass, I was itching to comment when I saw it on the 'for sale' section.

Advertisement