Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque not lodged into account

Options
  • 27-11-2016 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently sent a cheque to my Bank of Ireland branch in Rathmines but it has not appeared in my account yet. They should have received it last Monday at the latest. I have sent cheques like this before but it has never taken this long before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,
    I recently sent a cheque to my Bank of Ireland branch in Rathmines but it has not appeared in my account yet. They should have received it last Monday at the latest. I have sent cheques like this before but it has never taken this long before.
    Hi isitraining, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

Sorry to hear that your cheque hasn't been lodged to your account yet. Was it a foreign cheque or a domestic cheque from another Irish bank?

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭isitraining

Hi Sarah,
    It was an Irish cheque, AIB I think.
    Hi isitraining, 

Sorry to hear that your cheque hasn't been lodged to your account yet. Was it a foreign cheque or a domestic cheque from another Irish bank?

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Sarah,
    It was an Irish cheque, AIB I think.
    Hi isitraining, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi isitraining, 

An AIB cheque would take up to five working days to clear on your account, so as you mention the branch may have received it last Monday this cheque may clear by tomorrow. However if you would like to query this, please send your message on 365 Online through the Ask a Question option and a representative with account access will look into this for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement