Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch from bill pay to different network.

Options
  • 27-11-2016 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

At the minute I am with Vodafone and my 24 month bill pay contract ended around a week ago. I am a minor and the account owner of my bill is no longer in contact with me. I can't contact the account owner and neither can anyone else at all and therefore I can't officially stop the charging of my bill but bear in mind the contract is still over. I really want to change to 3 on prepay as I get a better deal and will be able to loosen all ties to the account holder. I also might add I do have access to My Vodafone account. I also was able to manage to get my phone unlocked. So if I was to get a 3 SIM card with my same number on it and put it in my phone and not use my Vodafone SIM, would my Vodafone bill pay (out of contract) automatically stop billing the account holder and let me be a member of 3 prepay without contacting Vodafone (as they said they can't help me because I am not the account holder)? Thank you for any answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The steps to take would be:

1. Get a three pay as you go Sim Card (€20, €20 credit included), this will have a new number
    2. Once the sim is active and you're sure it works, go here: https://www.three.ie/CorporateForms/Forms/PortingRequestValidateNumber.aspx
    Fill that out and submit it. Three will then issue the request to Vodafone to take the number over
    3. After about 2hrs your old number should now go to the three SIM.

Two things to be conscious of:
    - If theres an unpaid bill due or contract(you say there isnt so fine there) Vodafone can block the transfer and not release your number
    - Vodafone may by default cease the account and send the final bill when receiving a port request OR they may just issue it with a new number. You should be able to ask the Vodafone reps that as its a general policy and nothing specific to your(your relations) account. Either way the bill there wouldnt be your problem as its not in your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lcatoliver

Hi, thank you so much for the reply. I'd be able to do that but would Vodafone still issue a bill to the account holder or when Three takes the number over does that automatically stop the billing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

lcatoliver wrote: »
    Hi, thank you so much for the reply. I'd be able to do that but would Vodafone still issue a bill to the account holder or when Three takes the number over does that automatically stop the billing?

Vodafone will issue a final bill to the account holder for any outstanding charges on the account

Advertisement