Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 - 4005 Error.

Options
  • 27-11-2016 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently trying to repair my friend's iPhone 6 which is displaying a 4005 error code when I try to restore it in iTunes.

He tells me that the phone functioned perfectly before leaving it in his van overnight where some condensation formed inside the device.

Having opened up the phone, the moisture indicators are still white, but there is a small rust mark on the plate holding down the ribbon cables for the screen. The connectors themselves are in tact and there is no sign of rust.

I had heard that a dodgey proximity sensor can cause this issue so I connected a new screen to the device and attempted a restore in iTunes but am still getting the 4005 error code.

My friend said the device was looping the Apple logo when he tried to boot it before. Now, the screen is backlit but displays no image at all. This also happened when I connected the new screen to the device.

Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Advertisement