Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delata talk about increasing hotel prices - crap oirish service - overpriced

Options
  • 27-11-2016 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

“Delata” hotel chief wants Irish hotel prices to escalate to Paris and London levels

Please provide the service first. One might then consider your higher invoice amount.

Anyone staying at a Dublin airport hotel typically faces long cold waits before a third world mini-bus turns up to bring the victim to their establishment.

The cuisine in most Dublin and London hotels is poor, as is the service.

Hotels and cuisine standards in IRL and GB are an embarrassment to the rest of Europe. At least the GB lot have the honesty to admit they can’t compete with mainland Europe, and bow out doing a Brexit.

Over-priced, casual “service” in poorly designed establishments doesn’t cut ice in 2016.

http://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/dublin-hotels-should-aim-for-london-rates-dalata-chief-35245980.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

All he's saying is that demand for Irish hotels is high but prices are relatively low for that level of demand. I think it's a funny way of looking at things but he does have a point. If hotels in parts of Ireland are almost fully booked all year round, prices could clearly increase.

Your rant about minibuses, food and service doesn't hold up compared to the occupancy rates in Dublin and other cities. I'm not even sure what you're on about bringing Brexit into it, Perhaps people don't care about those things or perhaps you're wrong. Or drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,233 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

What % of Dublin occupancy is down to DCC emergency accomodation? Hard to compare Dublin to London or Paris without knowing that...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

odyssey06 wrote: »
    What % of Dublin occupancy is down to DCC emergency accomodation? Hard to compare Dublin to London or Paris without knowing that...

There are 19,000 hotel beds in Dublin. In October, there were 3,486 people housed in hotels in dublin.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/number-of-homeless-children-and-families-in-dublin-still-climbing-1.2879672
    https://www.focusireland.ie/resource-hub/about-homelessness/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I read this article earlier, christ this is the greed you are dealing with! Before you even get to the point of trying to compare dublin with london and paris!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I read this article earlier, christ this is the greed you are dealing with! Before you even get to the point of trying to compare dublin with london and paris!!!

It's supply and demand you're dealing with. If you don't like it then don't stay in any of their hotels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,832 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Impetus wrote: »
    Anyone staying at a Dublin airport hotel typically faces long cold waits before a third world mini-bus turns up to bring the victim to their establishment.

As is the case with every off-site airport hotel in the entire world

I sometimes suspect you actually don't travel anywhere at all, based on the delusions in your rants about travel providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

[QUOTE=Impetus;101798093
    Hotels and cuisine standards in IRL and GB are an embarrassment to the rest of Europe. At least the GB lot have the honesty to admit they can’t compete with mainland Europe, and bow out doing a Brexit.

Over-priced, casual “service” in poorly designed establishments doesn’t cut ice in 2016.

http://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/dublin-hotels-should-aim-for-london-rates-dalata-chief-35245980.html[/QUOTE]

What a nonsensical rant. A L1011 suggests you obviously don't travel much. As someone who used to travel to the continent weekly my experience of Irish hotels is that they are generally better in every department than similar priced continental ones. Your average 4 star Spanish, French or Dutch hotel would struggle to get 3 stars here. As for Brexit:confused::confused:

As for Airport hotel shuttles pretty much all of them apart from the Premier Inn Swords use new or nearly new vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

veetwin wrote: »
    As for Brexit:confused::confused:

As for Airport hotel shuttles pretty much all of them apart from the Premier Inn Swords use new or nearly new vehicles.

Yeah, Brexit was all about how embarrassed the UK were about the standard of their hotels, it was the hot topic all through the campaign. You obviously weren't paying attention.

I have to say my eyes just roll at anyone who compares Ireland to the third world, such people have quite clearly never been anywhere near a third world country.

Advertisement