Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir TV Not recording in full

Options
  • 27-11-2016 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

It's a real pain in the ass recording something, sitting down to watch it later only to find that the very end of the program did not record. UPC have an option to set the amount of extra minutes which are recorded. Does my Eir vision box have a similar facility?

Also, the program guide is wrong for time to time, particularly with the radio stations, is this just on my box?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,746 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If it's RTÉ channels I'd say it's more to do with them not updatting the EPG data fo reflect time changes, happens to me regularly, never happens on UK channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

It's most noticeable on RTE Jr, Cebeebes, etc. My daughter is driving me nuts because all her programs are being cut short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

It's a real pain in the ass recording something, sitting down to watch it later only to find that the very end of the program did not record. UPC have an option to set the amount of extra minutes which are recorded. Does my Eir vision box have a similar facility?

Also, the program guide is wrong for time to time, particularly with the radio stations, is this just on my box?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]worlds goodest teecher,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can avoid this by manually recording a programme by channel and set the programme to record a little earlier and finish a little later – by adding on time at either end you should avoid missing the start or end of a programme. You can view our eir Vision tutorials here.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have any issues with the program guide please do le me know & I can pass this onto the eir Vision team.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]worlds goodest teecher,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can avoid this by manually recording a programme by channel and set the programme to record a little earlier and finish a little later – by adding on time at either end you should avoid missing the start or end of a programme. You can view our eir Vision tutorials here.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have any issues with the program guide please do le me know & I can pass this onto the eir Vision team.[/font]
    Couldnt find a solution for a series linked program.

Couldnt find a solution for a series linked program.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You would need to access the program Guide on the remote & select the program you want to record & then you can series link it by pressing the green button.[/font]

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]You would need to access the program Guide on the remote & select the program you want to record & then you can series link it by pressing the green button.[/font]

That I can find but I cannot find where to go to to extend the length of a program I have already set to series link.

That I can find but I cannot find where to go to to extend the length of a program I have already set to series link.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]worlds goodest teecher,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]On the Remote if you Press MENU scroll right to SETTINGS scroll to RECORDING SETTINGS then select either PRE SHIFT (start recordings before show) or POST (extends the recording time after a show).[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It will give you a set time to choose to extend by of 2mins, 5mins or 10mins[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]worlds goodest teecher,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]On the Remote if you Press MENU scroll right to SETTINGS scroll to RECORDING SETTINGS then select either PRE SHIFT (start recordings before show) or POST (extends the recording time after a show).[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It will give you a set time to choose to extend by of 2mins, 5mins or 10mins[/font]

Thanks, finally got it. Have to say that it wasn't easy with the vertical tabs on the side of screen, didn't notice them before. It's a pity that there are no 2, 3 or 4 minute extensions.

Thanks, finally got it. Have to say that it wasn't easy with the vertical tabs on the side of screen, didn't notice them before. It's a pity that there are no 2, 3 or 4 minute extensions.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]worlds goodest teecher.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Glad to hear you got it working & I'll pass your feedback onto the eir Vision team.[/font]

Advertisement