Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Alu profile rig with plans.

Options
  • 27-11-2016 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Hi All! [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]So I think I am at a stage where I am starting to feel happy with my rig so I thought that I should share it. Please dont ask me for the total cost as I have no idea, I have been adding on parts and changing the design so many times that I have no idea how much it would be now =) [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Below you can see three links to parts, one in Swedish for parts from Motedis, one in English (UK) for parts from Motedis and then a part list from Sim-Lab.eu [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]I would like to add that I think that it could/would end up cheaper to just buy the P1 rig from Sim-lab =) [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]P1: [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]http://sim-lab.eu/product/p1-chassis/[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]In my Sketchup drawing you can see my keyboard tray, I have not included the parts for this in the part list as I think the one that is from Sim-lab is better and ends up cheaper than the parts for mine. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]I have included all the T-nuts for alu profiles that are needed but not the bolts (M6 and M[/font]b2eb59423fbf5fa39342041237025880.gif[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] as this is normally cheaper and easier to source locally. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]My rig includes the following sim racing gear and is designed to be used with those parts. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]OSW with Small Mige [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]HE Pro pedals [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]HE Seq shifter [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]HE Handbrake [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Fanatec Club Sport shifter [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]3 x 24" monitors (it is possible to fit 27" with out changing the design) [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]It is possible to use other pedals (I did use Fanatec V2 before) and I am guessing you could use other shifters but you would then need to redesign a bit to fit your needs. Look below for Sketchup drawing for good starting point. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=d91...01-d052-4b8c-923e-3915b4907f8a[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Short video of my rig: See below post for video of rig,[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]UK Motedis part list: [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]http://mccullough.ninja/rig/List_UK.txt[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Swedish Motedis part list: [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]http://mccullough.ninja/rig/List_Swedish.txt[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Sim-lab.eu[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] part list: [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]http://mccullough.ninja/rig/List_SimLab.txt[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks and hope you like it![/font]

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hell of a rig, oozes class then let down dramatically by project cars :) each to their own though :)
    I'm very jealous of your rig and I mean VERY!!! , enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

Hehe that is not Project Cars, that is iRacing! =)
    Welcome over to sweden for a test drive Dcully, any time.

Hehehe just noticed now that the link was TOTALLY wrong, wtf happened there. That was project cars and not even my rig hahaha,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

c0rn3y wrote: »
    Hehehe just noticed now that the link was TOTALLY wrong, wtf happened there. That was project cars and not even my rig hahaha,

Was wondering what was going on but thought I must be missing something. The video didn't look anything like that P1 rig. Looking forward to seeing the real video. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Jeez that's some serious kit, looks amazing! Also makes me feel much better about my impending Thrustmaster TX purchases. :D

Very nice indeed man. :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'm even more jealous after watching the correct vid.
    I'm aware of the actual wheel,shifters,pedals specs etc [high end gear] but to see it all together is just brilliant.
    It must be some feeling at this stage after all your hard planning and work on a self built setup like this.
    Even the way you have the pedals raised up and the heel rest ,all measured to perfection no doubt.
    It all looks so clean and modern, I absolutely love it.
    Congratulations on getting it to this stage.

Id love to see some videos of camera over the shoulder as you drive/race :)

Yeah it does feel really nice when it is all coming together, still have small things to fix.. like my quick release has been eaten by my OSW hehe and is rattling bit. Need to sort out some SimVibe shakers and so on... I can hear my wife singing in the background "Never ending story" hehe.
    I will try and do some videos with camera over shoulder this weekend. But that would mean that I need to learn to drive and not just build all the time hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Do you know where I can get nuts and bolts for this type of frame? My rig SRC 1 plus looks to use the same aluminum and I'm short some nuts and bolts.

Advertisement