Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can a buyer conceal their identity?

Options
  • 27-11-2016 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

My friend and husband built a holiday house at her home place in Cork. They lived in dublin but recently separated. She will be staying in the family home with their 2 young sons. However the holiday home is to be sold. Her brother wants to buy it as it's beside his house and the family home. Does my friends ex need to know it's him (her brother) putting in the offer.? She is afraid her ex won't agree to sell it to one of her family as things have turned very nasty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

My friend and husband built a holiday house at her home place in Cork. They lived in dublin but recently separated. She will be staying in the family home with their 2 young sons. However the holiday home is to be sold. Her brother wants to buy it as it's beside his house and the family home. Does my friends ex need to know it's him (her brother) putting in the offer.? She is afraid her ex won't agree to sell it to one of her family as things have turned very nasty.

Never mind putting in the offer...the estate agent needs to know who the buyer is when sending the sale agreed notice to solicitor....also when contracts are exchanged the seller will see the name of the buyer on the contract...why would you think he would not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Have a solicitor buy in trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭windmilllane

How does this work? Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Joe Bloggs - somebody not known to the seller - makes an offer which is accepted. Unbeknownst to the seller, Joe has already signed an agreement with Brother, which provides that he will buy the house on behalf of Brother, with funds provided by Brother. This isn't disclosed to seller until seller has signed a contract with Joe Bloggs to sell the house to him (or later, if desired).

This is a serious thing for Joe Bloggs to do. As regards the seller, he has a contract with Joe to sell the house to Joe, and Joe is bound by that contract. If Brother fails to come up with the money or backs out for some other reason, Joe is still bound by the contract and has to purchase the house with his own money, or be exposed to the same penalties as any other buyer who defaults. So it won't be easy to find a Joe Bloggs who will put himself in this position.

Advertisement