Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning for a house beside a slatted shed

Options
  • 27-11-2016 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    this is my first time posting on boards.ie however I have been an avid reader for many years,
    I am currently thinking about buying a 0.5 acre site subject to planning , I am from the locality so would not have any issues in that sence, however someone has told me I might have trouble getting planning because a local farmer has his slatted cattle shed against the boundry wall of the site, I am well aware of the planning regulations that a new slatted shed must be 100 metres away from a dwelling house but does this also apply in the reverse?? will my house have to be 100 metres away from his slatted shed??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

In your 1st scenario the slatted tank does not need to be 100m away, you just need written permission from the house owner that they are OK with the development. At least in existing yards anyways, I'm just after getting approval, I included a letter from the house owner and heard nothing more about it specifically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Timmaay wrote: »
    In your 1st scenario the slatted tank does not need to be 100m away, you just need written permission from the house owner that they are OK with the development. At least in existing yards anyways, I'm just after getting approval, I included a letter from the house owner and heard nothing more about it specifically.

Doesn't always work out, a friend had a site sale stopped by a neighbouring farmer refusing to give permission,
    It was during the good years and a site sale would've been a big help for his kids going to college at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bonnor

Guys thanks for reply's,
    was thinking of going to talk to the farmer who own's the slatted shed , but wanted to have all the facts before talking to him as he is known to be a bit contrary!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

bonnor wrote: »
    Guys thanks for reply's,
    was thinking of going to talk to the farmer who own's the slatted shed , but wanted to have all the facts before talking to him as he is known to be a bit contrary!!

He might not be keen to give his permission as any further building work he would be interested in doing would need permission from you.

I have a friend in that position, the granting of planning permission for a house bounding his yard effectively sterilised his farmyard for future development.

Advertisement