Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phonewatch system low battery

Options
  • 27-11-2016 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

This alarm going off every couple of hours or so. How do I turn it off for the night and how to replace battery tomorrow. Where do I buy the batteries etc?

Thanks in advance,

Dub

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What system do you have & what battery is it saying is low?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Macroom Dub

Colm,

Thks for getting back. Version 3 it says on inside of the case.

Colm,

System battery is low. Not one of the motion sensor ones.

Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 32 davehogan100

I'm guessing its a simon3 but just to be sure it doesn't have a screen does it? Assuming it doesn't you need a 6v 2.1 amp hour battery but its a not a standard shape so your best bet when shopping for one would be to remove the old battery and bring it when you go to buy a new one.

If you have engineer access open the front of the panel, put in your engineer code and press delete and then option until you get to option 40(trouble beeps) then press done. That should stop it beeping at you every few hours.

Once you've replaced the battery do the same again but instead of pressing delete press add to reinstate trouble beeps.

Hope that helps!

Thks for advice guys. Just took battery out. Rechargeable lead acid battery. 6v 3.2Ah. Now to try locate a place that might have one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not all suppliers would have these. Where are you located?

Cork.

Not sure of suppliers down there.
    Call a few and see.
    Maybe Kub can shed more light on it for you.

Got one yesterday. Local hardware store ordered it from his supplier of batteries that he sells to farmers etc. They had ones. I had also contacted a alarm company that work locally (o'mahony's) and he stated that his supplier HiVolt had some in stock. These batteries would not b big sellers so not normally stocked in smaller shops. €39.50 it cost me as opposed to Eircom Engineer coming out. Call out charge and cost battery would set u back up to €170.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Hi Macroom Dub, sorry i only came across your thread now, AES on the Kinsale Road, just off the roundabout heading for Harvey Normans have a full range of batteries even those PW ones.
    They are cheaper as well.

• Advertisement

Kub,

Thks a lot

Dub

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sqsqswqdwdwq

I'm trying to correct a "System Low Battery" message that continues to come from my Simon XT. I've changed the battery (with a used one, with no guarantee that's it's perfect), but I'm still getting the message. After several hours to ensure both batteries were fully charged, I kept swopping batteries, tested each disconnected battery voltages, and my DC voltmeter said each had 6.2V. I disconnected the two wires connected to the either battery to see how many charging volts were going into the battery, but my voltmeter displayed 0.2v (DC). Of course, the input voltage from the AC adaptor was 9.8VAC.
    Does this mean that the charging circuit on the Simon XT system board is faulty? Is there an troubleshooting process that I can go tru to make sure something is not making a fool of me? Thank you!

Advertisement