Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

bromley52 wrote: »
    It's not ideal but you can set it up directly on the device if the router route isn't an option.

I know that
    I was replying to another poster who was having issues, works perfectly for me I’ve been with them a few years now

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I only took a trial so glad I didn't pay for it

That’s what trials are for
    Not many people want a dns at router level and prefer it at the device rather than have all the traffic going through it
    Up to yourself but I think it’s the best dns around for the money

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

OmegaGene wrote: »
    That’s what trials are for
    Not many people want a dns at router level and prefer it at the device rather than have all the traffic going through it
    Up to yourself but I think it’s the best dns around for the money
    Yeah I'd have no problem paying if I could get it to work, just not sure why the the dns doesn't save on my android device,it's says saved but doesn't actually, there tech support has been very helpful in fairness but they're unable to get a fix for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Yeah I'd have no problem paying if I could get it to work, just not sure why the the dns doesn't save on my android device,it's says saved but doesn't actually, there tech support has been very helpful in fairness but they're unable to get a fix for me

I know it sounds mad but have you checked the usual culprits:
    1) that the rest of your static IP address is saving
    2) that you have ipv 6 disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Getflix is good in that it works with bbc iplayer

But **** in that its frequently buffering to the point of unusable

Would save your money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You need to refresh the dns on the website dashboard for it to work

How would that alter the fact that it works on one TV but not the other??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Would save your money

Maybe for you but it works flawlessly for me with iplayer, no buffering at all and I have a modest enough connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Which channel group works for iPlayer, it's not on any setting I can see.

Have you changed your dns settings? That's all you need to do. Iplayer should work then.

You may need to refresh the getflix page or app daily if you don't have a static IP address but it only takes a few settings.

There's no special setting for iplayer itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Would save your money

Buffers for me on Hisense TV app, not been updated in couple of years. Works perfectly with a firestick though. Don't use it for Netflix. UK players all work without issue via firestick too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

adox wrote: »
    Maybe for you but it works flawlessly for me with iplayer, no buffering at all and I have a modest enough connection.

It works for me perfectly before 6pm. In the evening it starts to buffer occasionally, to be completely unusable from 8pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

No definitely for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,046 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Have you changed your dns settings? That's all you need to do. Iplayer should work then.

You may need to refresh the getflix page or app daily if you don't have a static IP address but it only takes a few settings.

There's no special setting for iplayer itself.

I need to look again. I'd guess user error rather than their issue, Think I'm making it more complicated than it needs to be. I put in all the settings on my Shield, for wired connection, then it wouldn't allow me to select said wired connection. I'll have a mess again today to see. Had getflix years ago and it worked well, only really want it for iPlayer as the "other" streaming apps have everything else covered.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Hi all

I’ve used the Ireland DNS from the getflix site to install iplayer on my LG tv. However it is buffering constantly. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Paddy_man wrote: »
    Buffers for me on Hisense TV app, not been updated in couple of years. Works perfectly with a firestick though. Don't use it for Netflix. UK players all work without issue via firestick too.

How did you install it on a firestick?

Been using dns.4me for 4 years.
    It just works.
    Have a couple of wifi networks in place at home, one of them is set to have the DNS forwarders for this service in place.
    So I just connect my media devices etc to them, and can connect to iPlayer with no issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

nialldinho wrote: »
    Hi all

I’ve used the Ireland DNS from the getflix site to install iplayer on my LG tv. However it is buffering constantly. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

You mean UK DNS right?

If you still experience buffering try adjusting settings in the iPlayer to standard definition and see if that makes a difference

Yamanoto wrote: »
    You mean UK DNS right?

If you still experience buffering try adjusting settings in the iPlayer to standard definition and see if that makes a difference

I thought it was better to use the DNS closest to you. I didn’t think it related to the content trying to view.

Anyway I’ve switched to the UK one so will see how it goes later. And I’ll check the settings too.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,930 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I thought it was better to use the DNS closest to you. I didn’t think it related to the content trying to view.

Anyway I’ve switched to the UK one so will see how it goes later. And I’ll check the settings too.

Thanks

Correct getflix states to use their dns ip for the country you are in and then I use their app to adjust settings like Netflix US etc. I have had issues with bbc iplayer it will play for 5 minutes and just stop working sometimes it works flawless other times it just doesn't work at all yet other services using the dns will work fine like Netflix and Amazon Prime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Correct getflix states to use their dns ip for the country you are in and then I use their app to adjust settings like Netflix US etc. I have had issues with bbc iplayer it will play for 5 minutes and just stop working sometimes it works flawless other times it just doesn't work at all yet other services using the dns will work fine like Netflix and Amazon Prime

With my GetFlix subscription, iPlayer works flawlessly in the morning and afternoon. Will start stuttering around 6PM to become completely unusable at 8PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

other services using the dns will work fine like Netflix and Amazon Prime

I get the same intermittent behaviour with Prime. Would you mind me asking what devices you use for prime.

My android phone and desktop seem to be pretty reliable but both my Shield and Firestick are hit and miss with Prime.

• Advertisement

I get the same intermittent behaviour with Prime. Would you mind me asking what devices you use for prime.

My android phone and desktop seem to be pretty reliable but both my Shield and Firestick are hit and miss with Prime.

I am using it with the built in app on my LG TV (Web OS) and haven't noticed any issue, with the Getflix app I have the Amazon Prime country set to Canada. But bbc iplayer acts up and Disney+ is also hit and miss

I'm trying to set the prime country to UK on mine. I get the exact same iPlayer behaviour as grogi mentions above.

I've no issues with the iPlayer on my LG, with UK DNS settings in place

Yamanoto wrote: »
    I've no issues with the iPlayer on my LG, with UK DNS settings in place

So you’re just using 212.71.249.225 as the DNS on the tv network settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Those who are facing issues with iPlayer, have you tried downloading what you want to watch before playing? Should sort out any buffering issues I'd think?

I'd be interested to know which of getflix's DNS addresses people are using in their devices. I have the Dublin one as primary and the London one as secondary.

So you’re just using 212.71.249.225 as the DNS on the tv network settings?

Correct

I just use the Dublin one I did try the UK one thinking it would fix my iplayer issues but it didn't at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

So I started the trial this morning and liked it for iPlayer on my fire sticks. So I signed up for 2years. Cost €29. Happy with that.
    I have it setup in my router so it unlocks all devices. Does anyone have a guide or can tell me how to access us Netflix and Disney+ on my tv with the router setup?

• Advertisement

jarvis wrote: »
    So I started the trial this morning and liked it for iPlayer on my fire sticks. So I signed up for 2years. Cost €29. Happy with that.
    I have it setup in my router so it unlocks all devices. Does anyone have a guide or can tell me how to access us Netflix and Disney+ on my tv with the router setup?

You can manage regions in the getflix account. There is a setting for Netflix to set it to US or turn off to default to your home country.

Then there is a channels list A (I think) that covers Disney+. Just need to turn it on I think.

You can check if James and the Giant Peach is on your Disney+ as I don’t think it is on the Irish one but is on the US one.

Advertisement