Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment

Options
  • 27-11-2016 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi lads,

I am hoping to apply for An Garda Siochana. Just wondering if anyone knows how difficult it can be to be accepted? Also, what would help with your application to make you an even better candidate? Any other advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fox93

Hey man, I applied last January. Just finished my medical and waiting to meet with the Super and do my physical. It's a tough enough recruitment process. The best thing you could do at the early stages is just practice your aptitude tests. If you can't do them well you're out at stage one or stage two.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

I'm the same as you I am hoping to apply for the gardai also, whenever the next recruitment competition will start, I'm thinking myself of doing some of the preparation courses that careers services does, I know that there expensive but if they will help they will be worth it in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 refodorm_5

Fox93 wrote: »
    Hey man, I applied last January. Just finished my medical and waiting to meet with the Super and do my physical. It's a tough enough recruitment process. The best thing you could do at the early stages is just practice your aptitude tests. If you can't do them well you're out at stage one or stage two.

Where abouts could I find some sample aptitude tests? Thanks for the comment man.

vardy98 wrote: »
    I'm the same as you I am hoping to apply for the gardai also, whenever the next recruitment competition will start, I'm thinking myself of doing some of the preparation courses that careers services does, I know that there expensive but if they will help they will be worth it in the long run.

Same as myself!!! Don't know when and where to start though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fox93

A good google search will find you a few freebies, but I ran out of them myself and sucked it up and subscribed to an aptitude website. Think it cost me like €20 to join but was seriously helpful. The one I joined was aptitude-test.com, but i'm sure there are plenty more. Good luck with it !

• Advertisement

Anybody who could help me I need it please, the interview is competence based so what would you advise me to do from now till then, I haven't applied for the guards yet but would like to start something that would help me ln the interview stage if i am hopeful to get to that stage, so in regard of voluntary work, what sort should I do? or anything else that I could do that would help with each competence, that would be great, thanks in advance. Commitment to a role, working with others etc.

Fox93 wrote: »
    A good google search will find you a few freebies, but I ran out of them myself and sucked it up and subscribed to an aptitude website. Think it cost me like €20 to join but was seriously helpful. The one I joined was aptitude-test.com, but i'm sure there are plenty more. Good luck with it !

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated.

Hi guys anybody hear anything about the Garda reserve recruiting next year? I was just wondering I haven't seen any thing but I heard a few people saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

vardy98 wrote: »
    Hi guys anybody hear anything about the Garda reserve recruiting next year? I was just wondering I haven't seen any thing but I heard a few people saying it.

The Garda Reserve are always recruiting AFAIK. Check publicjobs.ie.

For the full time recruitment, community involvement is a big this or doing something that gives back like Civil Defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mike1985

Just wondering does anyone know anything about an appeals process if your application was rejected for any reason and who do you appeal to? Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Mike1985 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know anything about an appeals process if your application was rejected for any reason and who do you appeal to? Thanks in advance

Depends at what stage you were rejected. What stage did you fail?

The appeals process is outlined in the ''notes for candidates''

Hi guys, does anyone have any idea when the next recruitment campaign will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mike1985

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Depends at what stage you were rejected. What stage did you fail?

The appeals process is outlined in the ''notes for candidates''

Rejected after passing all the tests and interviews,made some errors on my application form and was pulled on it,was led to believe I had to meet a superintendent as part of the formal appeal process but wasn't afforded the opportunity. Can anyone shed some light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Hi Guys,

Im 18 and will be doing the Leaving cert this year and will be doing the Leaving cert this year, will be 19 in september. Are the garda recruiting people currently at 18/19 or would they rather take people with more life experience. I have a few degrees down on my CAO but tbh, I would leave anyway if I got offered a place, thanks in advance!

Advertisement