Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving-time from Ashtown to Ballycoolin in the morning?

Options
  • 28-11-2016 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi folks, I currently live in Royal Canal Park in Ashtown and I'm after taking up a job in Ballycoolin. I was just wondering how long it would take to drive there in the morning time if I was starting a shift at 8am or 9am? What route would be advised? I was planning to go by the Ratoath Road because I'd imagine it to be quieter in the morning. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

About 10 minutes. Any route. Lucky you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Your issue will be drive home...morning should be nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Getting out of ashtown itself tends to be the problem but even with that it's an easy and short commute. A straight shot up the rathoath road and you're there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

If you don't want to drive you could get the train to Coolmine and shuttle bus to Ballycoolin. New job will have the details of the shuttle bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

According to Google Maps it is 6.2km/11mins via Ratoath Road (Finglas) and 8.3km/17mins via River Road and 8.4km/16mins via Navan Road

You might consider cycling - free exercise. The cycle track is quiet between Ashtown roundabout and Blanch village. Or, even better, go along the Royal Canal from Ashtown to 12th Lock. Zero traffic and fumes.
    If you went via Navan Road you could cut through the hospital onto Snugborough Road so you'd only be alongside cars for a very short part of the commute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 SeanieMon

Good stuff, just so used to travelling into town on the train, hadn't a clue what it'd be like driving there at that time of the morning.

Advertisement