Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to run two businesses from one

Options
  • 28-11-2016 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭

i am a carpenter . my business name is along the lines ofxxxxxx home improvements .
    i want to keep doing that but do a more specalisted job as well.
    its related but the name doesnt suit it. the second name doesnt suit the first either.

what is the best way forward.
    i wondering about tax,insurance,vat,accounts, legal type stuff.

i dont want to go to any extra expence if i can (besides name reg ex) like doing 2 sets of books

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Assume you registered as a sole trader? You can register another trading name and still just make one filling as both are just you t/a xxxxx and it's you who the taxable body it the trading names. How you keep the books is upto you really as long as they are kept well but even if it's just for yourself it would be handy to be able to quickly check revenues and profitability of each so you can see if you should love focus more to one or the other.

Advertisement