Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good straightener and hair dryer

Options
  • 28-11-2016 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Looking for advice on a good hairdryer and straightener. Girlfriend has been raving about it. Just wondering does anyone have any advice. I know ghd is good and that's all I know. I don't know why lol. If anyone can share there views/advice. It's not a main present but I'd rather do the job right so don't mind splashing out if it's justifiable.
    Also hairdryers, advice again would be appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

mod

Hi OP

Moving your thread to beauty - you'll get better responses there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

GHD is the best bet for hair straighteners in my opinion. I've tried a few other brands before and the GHD I have now beats them all hands down. It's because it's ceramic plates and not just ceramic coating (which can scratch & come off). I have the GHD IV which I like a lot because it has dual voltage so works for me if I have to travel and bring it with me.

In terms of hairdryers - best advice I got was to get it in a salon supply shop. I bought mine off a recommendation from my hairdresser when I was looking for one. It wasn't the most expensive but really good. Terrisales is a good place for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I got mine on the recommendation of my hairdresser who has been using this brand for yonks! I have a Karmin Salon Series Ultralight Professional Ionic hair dryer and a Salon Series hair straightener here is the link so you can browse to look & decide I have had the dryer since Dec 2014 and the hair straightener since early this year both have 3 year manufacturers guarantee which is registered directly with the company online.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭al_E_kat

I got my GHD for my 18th birthday, still works perfectly and I turned 28 in October lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I rarely blow dry my hair so can't help with that. I love my GHD though, so would highly recommend that. My first one lasted 9 years and I only replaced it because I had dropped it so much it kept cutting out because the swivel cord kept moving. My ma taped the cord in place and is happily using it the last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I bought my ghd in 2006 and i still use it. No other straighteners compare imho. I have the thicker one because i have alot of hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

I'm a hairdresser and only use professional quality tools.
    Cloud Nine are much better straighteners than ghd these days and they have a temperature control so you don't risk frying your hair. They're made by the guy who originally invented ghd's.

Parlux are excellent professional quality dryers.

Corioliss and Diva are both good brands if you don't want to spend too much cash.

Advertisement