Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Live TLC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Okay the Ellsworth heel turn makes sense, he thinks he has AJ's number and wants him to win so his title match will be against him

But why bother coming out then when AJ is heading up the ladder and no sign of life in Ambrose?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

CSF wrote: »
    The Ellsworth heel turn really does come under the definition of wrestlecrap doesn't it?

Watched talking smack and his explanation paints him as deluded heel rather then one that makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ugh. When Ellsworth was mega over in the beginning, AJ never secured decent heat by beating the life out of him.

Instead they overexposed Ellsworth to the point that people became sick of him, and inexplicably "turned him heel" by helping a guy everyone loves beat a guy people are meh on.

Yeah that makes sense...

Fair play to JBL during the womens title match.

Becky hits a snap suplex.

Mauro - "A snap suplex like her UK compatriot the Dynamite Kid would do"

JBL "Except Ireland isn't apart of the UK"

JBL "Except Ireland isn't apart of the UK"

So what he said was... Ireland IS part of the UK?! :pac:

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    So what he said was... Ireland IS part of the UK?! :pac:

My grammar can be woeful at times, sorry. Just typing it out quick on my phone while watching the match but you get the point :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So all the heels won then... That was one of the reasons I thought Becky would retain but nope all those faces (Ambrose, Becky, Ziggler, Kalisto, Slater & Rhyno). Actually I guess Nikki won and she is a face but no title there, the titles are now all held by heels eveen some of them are proper over.

So all the heels won then... That was one of the reasons I thought Becky would retain but nope all those faces (Ambrose, Becky, Ziggler, Kalisto, Slater & Rhyno). Actually I guess Nikki won and she is a face but no title there, the titles are now all held by heels eveen some of them are proper over.

Tis the season. Autumn is traditionally when the heels all go over so the build can begin toward the Mania moments. They have a pretty old-school-minded young lad booking Smackdown now, don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I actually LOVE what they are doing with Ellsworth. At first I feared he was going to go full blown heel with the turn but then I saw the Talking Smack segment - I bash WWE a lot but that was brilliant. I was nearly in tears listening to him explaining himself. I'm loving this.

I saw someone comment 'Ellsworth isn't a heel - he's just an idiot.' That's pretty much where we are right now. He's not a good guy, he's not a bad guy, he's Karl Pilkington basically.

If they keep this up and have him be this naive guy who does unconscionable things I think it will be great. It's almost like a Father Dougal thing - sometimes awful things are done but you can't hate him because his heart was in the right place.

I don't have faith in them keeping this up and it will probably emerge that it was all a nefarious plan on his part and he knew exactly what he was doing but I really, really hope not. Keep him as this adorable yet deluded dimwit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ellsworth outright said on Smackdown why he screwed Ambrose; he's beaten AJ three times, so think he has a better chance of beating him for the title. Thats actually pretty intelligent storytelling, or at least smarter than they usually are.

Meanwhile, Miz vs Bryan II

https://streamable.com/q01o

This HAS to be building towards one last match from Bryan...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Miz is destroying Bryan in those segments consistently. It's really interesting though, where do they go with it? I don't think Bryan will actually get back in the ring. Maybe call up someone from NXT to do his handiwork?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Who better for Bryan to have his final match with but the guy he say takes no risks and is safe and doesn't go hard in the ring.

If Bryan has one match left in him and Vince does allow it it's a great build up and storytelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I personally can't fathom Bryan getting back into the ring. Though I really like this slow build. Miz's promo after the match was great.
    One of my favourite storylines was Bryan and The Miz in NXT.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I honestly forgot this was on :(

While becky/Alexa put on a OK match I have to say tables matches are one of the worst stipulations they have

sky88 wrote: »
    While becky/Alexa put on a OK match I have to say tables matches are one of the worst stipulations they have

I only think it works in tag matches were you know 2 - 3 people are going through tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've decided to just assume there's a PPV every other week now.

Good show.
    They really need to teach the refs that there are no countouts in a no DQ match. If anyone should know this it's former TNA senior official Rudy Charles. Was strange that Carmella just told Nikki about Nattie. Guess they just want to move that story along quickly.

Anyone else think Mauro was off his game? He made a llt of mistakes. Not only the comment about Becky and the UK, but during that match alone, he got Beck and Alexa mixed up a few times and even called Alexa "Brook". Then in the TLC, I'm sure when Ellsworth pushed the ladder that he said "What the f*** did Ellsworth do?"

Did find it strange how JBL kept saying it would be Kalisto's defining moment, etc if he beat Corbin. Did he forget that Kalisto used to hold the belt now held by Golden Boy Reigns?

CastorTroy wrote: »

Anyone else think Mauro was off his game? He made a llt of mistakes. Not only the comment about Becky and the UK, but during that match alone, he got Beck and Alexa mixed up a few times and even called Alexa "Brook". Then in the TLC, I'm sure when Ellsworth pushed the ladder that he said "What the f*** did Ellsworth do?"

He was calling Curt Hawkins Chad Hawkins on the pre show as well.

Mauro was shooting down rumours today that he is leaving the WWE so maybe his mind was somewhere else last night.

May be confusing as well with so many commentators at ringside. Had the 4 English language then 2 or 3 other tables.
    Why are there now 4 commentators?

• Advertisement

I only think it works in tag matches were you know 2 - 3 people are going through tables.

You could be right. I honestly can't think of one great tables match

Wasn't it Hardys/Dudleys where they had to put both members of the team through tables in sequence. So if DVon went through then Jeff went through, then they had to put Dvon through again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

May be confusing as well with so many commentators at ringside. Had the 4 English language then 2 or 3 other tables.
    Why are there now 4 commentators?

David Otunga is just that bad they need another voice there

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

David Otunga is just that bad they need another voice there

He just needs to disappear, find him absolutely grating.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Wasn't it Hardys/Dudleys where they had to put both members of the team through tables in sequence. So if DVon went through then Jeff went through, then they had to put Dvon through again

I believe that was a Royal Rumble match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Did Tom Phillips even commentate on Sunday? He spoke in between matches but I can't remember him saying a single word during any match

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Virtanen wrote: »
    Did Tom Phillips even commentate on Sunday? He spoke in between matches but I can't remember him saying a single word during any match

He's introduced as the 'host', whatever that means.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I really hope Ambrose kills Ellsworth and we never have to see him again. It's just another joke WWE has run into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Omackeral wrote: »
    He's introduced as the 'host', whatever that means.

He reminds me of the hosts in Westworld. The TomPhillips3000 bot.

• Advertisement

I like Tom :)

Advertisement