Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Winterval

Options
  • 28-11-2016 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

Strange that there is nothing on here about it.
    So how was it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There is now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Not a criticism just a question. The New St multi story carpark was closed yesterday [Sunday] anybody know what the story with that is. Surly that should be open. It is difficult enough to find parking when events are on in the city at the best of times not to mention when 300 spaces are closed. Also when events are on in the city centre it can be difficult for residences to find parking as the area gets blocked up with visitors. Is any kind of parking management assessment carried out when events are on in the city? Or do they think people will just teleport in or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

BBM77 wrote: »
    Not a criticism just a question. The New St multi story carpark was closed yesterday [Sunday] anybody know what the story with that is. Surly that should be open. It is difficult enough to find parking when events are on in the city at the best of times not to mention when 300 spaces are closed. Also when events are on in the city centre it can be difficult for residences to find parking as the area gets blocked up with visitors. Is any kind of parking management assessment carried out when events are on in the city? Or do they think people will just teleport in or something?

I was in Sunday too, very busy , great to see.I guess new street wasn't open because i presume its a private business and keep the hours they like, shame though, as they would have filled the place handy i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

That car park never opens on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

The winterval face book page says 120,000 people visited the city before the festival.

1. How accurate are those figures?
    2. How do they even count the numbers?

• Advertisement

The winterval face book page says 120,000 people visited the city before the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Citycentreboy

There are some footfall counters in the city centre that the council can get figures from....I don't know if this figure has come from those counters though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Deiseen wrote: »

They use the same method as your posting style.... everything is doubled

There are some footfall counters in the city centre that the council can get figures from....I don't know if this figure has come from those counters though.

I know the ones. Probably judged it on traffic coming in too and hotel rooms but it seems a little quick to be throwing around huge numbers like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭goochy

Conor pope was there , find him a bit annoying / smug myself but in fairness plugged it on radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I went in last Friday.

The kids loved it.

Disappointed that Gingerbread making wasn't open yet, we like to do that twice, but we'll get to that next weekend.

the kids loved the light show but it was bitterly cold Friday evening, so hot Belgian chocolate form the little hut on the right was perfect.

We saw the penguins, watched the Ferris wheel and called in for the end of the Grinch.

We saw the Christmas tree exhibition in the Theatre Royal. We called into the toy museum, but we have all those consoles bar the Spectrum 2600!

John Robert's Square was buzzing the kids loved the kids on quads collecting Santa's letters.

The kids miss the blow up snowmen from beside the Reg!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shannow1979

Does the Spinnaker have a stall this year? Wasn't down by the light show last week as it was other years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

In at Santa Saturday morning, really well done and very good.just be mindful if you have a ten am(earliest time) time to meet Santa, it says on tickets to show up 15 minutes before time but when arrived at quarter to ten, city hall wasn't open, had to hang around for 5-10 minutes in very cold weather, they opened up then and we went in and was excellent.not a big deal but if I had travelled from far I would have been annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Someone though needs to be held responsible for the amount of Horse Sh1t on Barronstrand street. Its great having Winterval and the crowds that come with it, but I am sure the tourists are not too impressed with having to dodge the sh1t

Advertisement