Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knife Prices

• 28-11-2016 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.heinnie.com/medford-micro-praetorian-blue-tumbled

md08dpd02tm.jpg

Zoom

• md08dpd02tm.jpg
    • md08dpd02tmdet.jpg
    • md08dpd02tmdet2.jpg
    • md08dpd02tmdet3.jpg

Medford Micro Praetorian Blue

Description

The Medford Micro Praetorian is two thirds the size of the standard Praetorian G/T. This superbly engineered knife offers the same blade and scale thickness as it's larger counterpart but with a smaller frame yet no less the power. If you're looking for a smaller version of the Praetorian G/T you already own, or just want a smaller chunky folder, this knife is definitely for you!
    This version features a D2 blade with a black oxide finish. The handle is a combination of anodized blue finish on the front scale and tumbled finish on the back scale with an incorporated Titanium pocket clip and glass breaker.
    It is supplied in an airtight hard case.

Read Less

CodeMD08DPD02TMLimited Edition: Yes Brand: Medford Blade Material: D2 Tool Steel Blade Length (cm): 7.8 Blade Thickness (cm): 0.4 Closed Length (cm): 10.00 Overall Length (cm): 17.0 Blade Colour: Black Blade Type: Plain Blade Shape: Drop Point Blade Coating: Black Oxide Blade Finish: Black Grind: Hollow Handle Colour: Blue Handle Material: Titanium Lock Type: Frame Lock Sheath: No Pocket Clip: Yes Product Weight (g): 126

£819.95
    Available for Delivery
    Stock due in Limited Stock
    In Stock
    Lads, am I really out of touch with knife prices? £819.95 for a normal enough knife? Wow. I've had cars that cost less.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

It's because of the name. Medford.

Apparently they do limited runs and have gained a little notoriety. So a knife that should be roughly €60 - €100 is now nearly times that.

Frankly i don't see it. I've seen knives by John Reck, Gil Hibbons, etc. that to me would be far more appealing for a hell of a lot less but still of exceptional quality.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

FS!! Yes a nice well made blade,nothing stunning mind,apart from using a lot of titanium which is hard to machine but absolutely NOT worth that money.
    Just for comparison thats about the price of two new Ruger 10/22 rifles,or a very decent 2nd hand CF rifle with a 100 rounds and a so so scope.You would be kicking yourself and deserve a kicking if you paid that much for what is essentially an everyday carry knife,and lost it somehow.
    Think the most i've ever paid in that categoy for a knife was 150 usd,I was given a present of a 225 usd knife and it does the same job without such a sheer price tag.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

If you go downstairs in Arnotts department store in dublin, there have a display of Japanese chefs knives, they are all around the price of the one in the picture above. 700-800 euros no problem.

Advertisement