Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adele - Wembley

Options
  • 28-11-2016 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

I know this is not a gig in Ireland but still a lot of folks from here will try to get tickets. I am going to try myself but they are not for me, they are for my sister. Does anyone know if the "buyer must show up " rule is going to be in force for these gigs? I.e. the name (and possibly photo ID) of the person going to the concert must match the name on the credit card used to purchase the ticket(s).
    I tried to find out online but I couldn't. I might send ticketmaster a mail about it to be sure. I don't think this rule will be in force for these gigs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Did you get a presale code?

Supposed to issue today but I didn't get one?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I haven't received my presale code yet either, there's still time for it to come i guess

mel.b wrote: »
    I haven't received my presale code yet either, there's still time for it to come i guess

Lol, code came through about 10minutes after posting this :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just bear in mind lads that Songkick are handling the presale.

I've had issues with them before when using an Irish credit card as they look for a postcode ,and transactions didn't go through as obviously most people in Ireland don't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

No I didn't get a presale code,I was supposed to get it today.
    Edit:Says on adele.com:"Registration for the Wembley Stadium advance sale on Wednesday, 30th November is now closed"
    :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kwat

I have a presale code. If anyone wants it just PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

Anyone think that there is any chance Adele would do a Croke park concert next summer?

No luck so far. I am stuck on "Updating ticket availability.."

It says on the site that "Upon arrival at the event, the attendee whose name was listed as part of your purchase (you will be asked to provide this name on a following page) may be asked to show photo ID before entering the venue."

As I am buying them for someone else (I am not going myself) does this mean that the holder of the credit card that the tickets were bought with must attend? "the attendee whose name was listed as part of your purchase" is a bit vague, what does that mean?
    I sent a mail to songkick asking, hope they will get back.

lukin wrote: »

It says on the site that "Upon arrival at the event, the attendee whose name was listed as part of your purchase (you will be asked to provide this name on a following page) may be asked to show photo ID before entering the venue."

That's only scaremongering ,they didnt check ID's for the indoor gigs in the UK and nobody was turned away.
    With 105,000 people attending each night at Wembley there wont be any issues getting in .
    VIP and Golden Circle tickets have to be collected at the box office on the say of the event though by the ticket purchaser but you should be fine buying any other tickets.

Zardoz wrote: »
    That's only scaremongering ,they didnt check ID's for the indoor gigs in the UK and nobody was turned away.

Got the following reply to my email after about ten minutes:
    "If you’re purchasing tickets for someone else, please make sure to enter their name in the Attendee Name field as we won’t be able to change it after you’ve placed your order."

The only problem is I am buying two tickets but I only know the name of one of the two people (my sister). She doesn't know who she is going with yet (the gig is six months away). Hopefully they will only ask for the name of one of the attendees. They should really make the rules crystal clear.
    Probably won't matter as I don't expect to get tickets anyway.

• Advertisement

I'd secure the tickets before you start worrying.

Been in the online que for almost an hour now :(

poundhound wrote: »
    I'd secure the tickets before you start worrying.

I know but in the unlikely event of me being successful it would be criminal to mess it up when I buy them.
    poundhound wrote: »
    Been in the online que for almost an hour now
    Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭extremehalo

Anyone after processing further than the update screen? Seems to be an endless loop

Anyone after processing further than the update screen? Seems to be an endless loop

I got through about 5 minutes ago ,got 2 standing tickets .
    Best seats were behind the goals so went for standing.

Had to use my revolut card as the songkick site asks for your postcode to verify the credit card ,which is a complete balls as I dont have one and Ireland,Eire ,etc didnt work.

Nope. I am still on "updating ticket availability". I am still seeing "Tickets for this event are currently: still available." but I doubt that. They must surely be all sold by now.

I'm still wallowing in the endless loop of updating every 30 secs.

Maddening.

Message has changed to "Tickets for this event are currently: limited in number, which may mean that only single seats remain".
    Almost all sold out so.

lukin wrote: »
    Message has changed to "Tickets for this event are currently: limited in number, which may mean that only single seats remain".
    Almost all sold out so.

You will probably have a better chance on Friday anyway as the presale has limited ticket amounts .
    Its basically just a stunt to generate hype for the general sale on Friday.
    All people had to do to get a code was enter their email address on the Adele website ,so it was basically a public sale.

Its almost certain that a concert on the Sunday night will be added too .
    In fact I wouldnt be surprised to see more than one extra gig added as Adele and her promoter seem to be mad for money.

After 2 hours, both presales are sold out.

I cant wait to do this all over again on Friday, and in all likelihood, with the same outcome, ticketless.

Zardoz wrote: »
    You will probably have a better chance on Friday anyway as the presale has limited ticket amounts .
    Its basically just a stunt to generate hype for the general sale on Friday.
    All people had to do to get a code was enter their email address on the Adele website ,so it was basically a public sale.

Its almost certain that a concert on the Sunday night will be added too .
    In fact I wouldnt be surprised to see more than one extra gig added as Adele and her promoter seem to be mad for money.

Just sold out now ("Tickets for this event are currently: sold out"). Hopefully you are right about the extra gigs as I probably won't get them on Friday either.

• Advertisement

No luck here either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Was able to get two for my sister after about 1 hour. Needless to say, she's pleased. Good luck to everyone on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

2 extra shows added.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

2 extra shows added.

Any idea when these go on sale?

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Any idea when these go on sale?

General sale is next Friday @10am

Presale next Wednesday @10am.

I didn't get any either. I will try for the Wednesday gig in the pre-sale next Wednesday.It was my first time trying to buy for a UK gig and it was not handled by Ticketmaster I noticed. I was trying two links: here and here .
    I was convinced I had the wrong links at one stage. I went on early on to the first link (before ten o clock) and I got "Service busy, We are currently processing the maximum possible number of bookings we are able to handle at one time. You are being held on this page (which will refresh automatically in 1 seconds) until a space becomes available. You can attempt to access the booking page by manually refreshing as often as you like."
    Seems a bit ridiculous that there can be a waiting room up and running before the on-sale time?
    For the second link there was no countdown timer to the on-sale time like there is with Ticketmaster. So when ten o clock came and the page didn't change or automatically refresh I was wondering what was up. So I refreshed the page myself and then I could see the tickets. Farcical.
    Then it was just a case of constantly refreshing until I got available tickets.
    When I clicked on them I got as far as the captcha sometimes before I was told they were not available and other times I got kicked out before the captcha.
    First of all it seems a bit daft that there is more than one site you can buy tickets from and number two I don't understand whey there isn't a queue system like Ticketmaster have (once you are in the waiting room that is it, you don't have to refresh the page).
    I hate Ticketmaster but this isn't much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

Couldn't get any tickets this morning either. Really wanted tickets for July 1st. Does anyone think there will be production tickets on sale closer to the date?

Couldn't get any tickets this morning either. Really wanted tickets for July 1st. Does anyone think there will be production tickets on sale closer to the date?

Yes without doubt.

Capacity is 105,000 each night ,that's alot of tickets .

UK stadia gigs rarely sell out all their tickets in one go ,they stagger the releases so there will be a few extra drops between now and next July.
    You will also have some of the 15000 season ticket holders not taking up their option of tickets .

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

kwat wrote: »
    I have a presale code. If anyone wants it just PM me

Spare code for Wednesday here too if anybody wants it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kwat

trinib wrote: »
    Spare code for Wednesday here too if anybody wants it.

Another one going here too!

Advertisement