Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adele - Wembley

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Hi Lukin, please realise you have a much much much higher chance of being killed in the car you will take the airport, and the flight you will take to London. As I mentioned above... a fishes fart wont get through security in Wembley. Its probably going to be one of the safest concerts you will ever attend.

When was the safest time to travel to America??? The weeks following September 11th 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Fcuk them! I have Slane, Picnic and other concerts here and Glasto in the UK. If anything, this has made me even more determined to go. Can't get these self-loathing savages stop you. If they do, they win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

My tickets where posted last week on Wednesday and currently nothing has been updated since they where due to head to Dublin from Heathrow on Thursday morning... When I try track off An Post aswell it doesn't work?...

Anyone know what I should do?

verify the postal address, and then wait until at least this wednesday 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Muppet Man wrote: »
    verify the postal address, and then wait until at least this wednesday 7th.

Just checked it again, currently in Dublin as of this morning... Took 4 days to get from Heathrow to Dublin :p

Should have them tomorrow or Wednesday latest...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Massive security headache for the police for these concerts now after the tragic events in Manchester and London.
    My sister is undecided whether she will go or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tribal Wardfare

I bought tickets for my sister and husband and they have decided it's not worth the risk. She decided she wouldn't enjoy it as much now if she had it constantly in the back of her mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

More single tickets now available on Adele.com for all 4 nights at Wembley.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

Tempted to get tickets

Last night passed off safely anyway thankfully.Hopefully the same for the remaining gigs.

• Advertisement

So I was there last night in wembley.... What a monumental concert. She truly is a super star of pop... Easily the best female voice around at the moment.

Security at the concert was absolutely water tight. Never seen anything like it. Get there early as the queues leading into the turn stiles get long very fast.

There were hand held metal detectors and pat down checks outside the turn stiles, followed by a SECOND round of pat down checks and nap sack checks inside the turn stiles. Thankfully most people arrived without nap sacks so the delays weren't too bad.

Also leaving wembley with 96000 other fans is a lesson in crowd and traffic management.... Well done to the event organisers. I left wembley at 10:30 and was back in the hotel in the city centre getting into the scratcher at midnight. Insane organisation.

Oh the concert was epic too ;)

Bizarre moment when everyone (a couple of thousand people) started singing dancing queen while queuing for the tube at Wembley park. Good laugh.

@muppetman, is it pointless trying to bring in an SLR camera?
    I'm going on Sunday night and I'm trying to gauge if it's worth the hassle.
    Ph

Hi ph, Ya... If you are seated, even though the stage is in the centre of the pitch, it's still a long long way from the back wall of the arena... So you would need a zoom lens. People had cameras and binoculars and they were allowed in, and even some had back packs, which were also allowed in, but tended to slow down the queues as they got a more thorough searching At the turn stiles. If standing it would be a bit of bollox cos they were packed in fairly tight the closer to the stage you got. Also, if on public transport on the way out of the arena, it's a fairly tight squeeze with everyone around you. So keep that in mind too.

Muppet man

Cheers Muppet Man.
    My wife and I are in the golden circle hence the desire to bring a proper camera.
    I was at a small gig in the UK 2 weeks ago and they wouldn't let me bring it in.
    I had to put it in a safe in their cloakroom.
    Wasn't sure how strict Wembley would be, it is only a camera after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Jeepers that's a bummer.I was going to get tickets for the weekend gigs for my sister but she told me get them for the Wednesday night instead.Good job

That really sucks....

Advertisement