Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam email

Options
  • 28-11-2016 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭

Just to warn you -and others

I received a spam mail telling me my BOI account has been locked (I dont have an account with BoI).

the mail directed me to this site

www.by-cycle.es\ie.php

below is the mail incase anybody is interested

bankofireland_online_latest.png
    Dear customer,
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For security reasons your 365 online access has been locked.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To restore your account, please click : Login to 365 online [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and proceed with the verification process.[/font][/font]
    Many thanks for using the 365 Service Desk.

365 Online Support TEAM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

daheff wrote: »
    Just to warn you -and others

I received a spam mail telling me my BOI account has been locked (I dont have an account with BoI).

the mail directed me to this site

www.by-cycle.es\ie.php

below is the mail incase anybody is interested

bankofireland_online_latest.png
    Dear customer,
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For security reasons your 365 online access has been locked.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To restore your account, please click : [/font]Login to 365 online [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and proceed with the verification process.[/font]
    Many thanks for using the 365 Service Desk.

365 Online Support TEAM
    Hi daheff, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

Yes this would be a phishing email and not from us. We will never email our customers asking to click on a resolution link or to confirm account or log in details. We would advise you not to click on the links in these phishing emails. If you receive any further emails claiming to be from Bank of Ireland, please forward to 365security@boi.com and then delete the email. 

Thanks for the heads up on this, 
    Sarah

Advertisement