Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 Intermittent alarm Gross

Options
  • 28-11-2016 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Ok I have zone 5 Gross going off intermittently. So story is that I had initially alarm going off so I tested sensors and found 2 GS612 sensors that when tapped were not returning back to correct level. Replaced with gs710. Now Im getting Alarm Gross intermittently. But when I test with mutimeter all looks good. However on one of the 710 I had to cut a way some of the back cover plate to fit the wires. Would that cause the gross.

I have upped the gross - Pulse from 4 - 5 to 6 - 5 But made no difference.

Do I need to register these 710 on the zones.

There are 10 sensors in the zone.

What other testes can i do ?

Can you setup a Soak period on the Zone? IF so how?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

10 sensors on the one zone is not great.
    How long ago did you get those GS710s? There was a serious amount of batches of these with problems. I'd remove them from the loop & see if everything stays good. If so get your supplier to replace these FOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

KoolKid wrote: »
    10 sensors on the one zone is not great.
    How long ago did you get those GS710s? There was a serious amount of batches of these with problems. I'd remove them from the loop & see if everything stays good. If so get your supplier to replace these FOC.

Thanks KooKid I just replaced the 710 with another one to see if thats the issue hence the Soak

Would you recommend a different Sensor?

Also can you tell me how to clear the Log menu Seems to be a lot of logs in there

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you a box of them there?
    I would leave them off for now and add them back one by one. Or test again with a meter giving each one around 20 bangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

KoolKid wrote: »
    Have you a box of them there?
    I would leave them off for now and add them back one by one. Or test again with a meter giving each one around 20 bangs.

I bought 4 just to have as spare as I could not find any 612's

Ok Baby Asleep now so I will have to test tomorrow.

So just test the whole zone. from the the alarm panel with Multi

Thanks for you help KoolKid

Will put on Soak just to see

Advertisement