Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chargeback question

Options
  • 28-11-2016 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a charge on my credit card from a car rental company. It's not for a big amount (only about €25) that I want to get back.

I emailed them 4 times already and sent them proof that I shouldn't have received a charge. They also haven't told me what the charge was for.

Anyway, all I could see after a quick google on how to do this was a PDF to print and fill in. Can I start chargeback proceedings electronically or over the phone?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

cloneslad wrote: »
    Hi

I have a charge on my credit card from a car rental company. It's not for a big amount (only about €25) that I want to get back.

I emailed them 4 times already and sent them proof that I shouldn't have received a charge. They also haven't told me what the charge was for.

Anyway, all I could see after a quick google on how to do this was a PDF to print and fill in. Can I start chargeback proceedings electronically or over the phone?

Thanks
    Hi cloneslad, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

To request a chargeback for this transaction, it's necessary to fill in the Chargeback form you mention, as it is not possible to request it over the phone or online. You can find this Chargeback form on our website here

Please let us know if we can help with anything else,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

cloneslad wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks
    Hi cloneslad, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

To request a chargeback for this transaction, it's necessary to fill in the Chargeback form you mention, as it is not possible to request it over the phone or online. You can find this Chargeback form on our website here

Please let us know if we can help with anything else,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah

That's perfect, thanks for getting back to me. I was just hoping there would be something a little less old school.

I'll fill it out later and send it off.

Advertisement