Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RS81 v Dura ace 9000 wheels

Options
  • 28-11-2016 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

So, I have a pair of Dura ace 900o C35 wheels but the front one was damaged a while back and it would cost almost as much to rebuild as to buy a new wheel. It seems that RS81 C35 front wheels are going cheap right now and I'm debating buying one to replace the damaged DA C35 front wheel. My question is what is the difference between the two? I know the hubs are not the same, and there seems to be about a 40g weight difference. Does anyone know if there is a significant difference between the rims? The are both carbon wrapped around aluminium. I'm also wondering if it is possible to use the hub internals from the DA C35 in the RS81 hub? Basically, swap the axel, bearings etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Not sure with the c35 but i bet its the same deal as the c24....same rim.. One has an ultegra hub.. The other has a dura ace hub and that's it..

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Not sure with the c35 but i bet its the same deal as the c24....same rim.. One has an ultegra hub.. The other has a dura ace hub and that's it..

Yeah, it seems that that is the case, though I have seen suggestions that the rim manufacturing process might be different. Just bought the RS81 C35 front wheel anyway (€289 on CRC, closer to €700 for the dura ace version!), so will find out soon enough.

Advertisement