Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aware 5km & 10km 10th Dec

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Anyone doing the Aware 5km or 10km in Phoenix Park? Have signed up for it. Is it any good? I've done that route this year for a 5km so looking forward to tackling it again with the 10km.

https://www.aware.ie/events/
    https://eventgen.ie/aware-christmas-run-2016

I did it last year and got wetter than I have ever been before, but given the charity in question it was fitting to make it such a challenge.

I really enjoyed it, the first lap of that route is always harder than the 2nd! Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I done it last year in what I can only describe as monsoon conditions, was the worst conditions I ever experienced for a race.

I wont be heading to it this year, €27.25 registration fee, too pricey for my liking for a 5/10k race , no matter how good the charity is.
    I don't think it was that price last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Yeah I registered for it last year, and to be honest I wouldn't have had an issue running in the weather. It was the drive on the motorway in that rain for an hour on my own that made me not go, it would have been dangerous conditions for motorway driving.

Will be driving up - where in the Park is best to park up the car? Last time I ran in Phoenix Park we parked beside the zoo and it was a trek to and from the race area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Will be driving up - where in the Park is best to park up the car? Last time I ran in Phoenix Park we parked beside the zoo and it was a trek to and from the race area.
    Papal Cross would be handy enough. Short warmup and cooldown to start and finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Anyone have a link to the route for the 10k?

Looks like I'm not going to make the run this Saturday. Been struggling with flu and cold for the past week. I thought I would be back on form by now but this thing is hard to shake off and has completely floored me. So disappointed. Was looking forward to getting a medal and some chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Looks like I'm not going to make the run this Saturday. Been struggling with flu and cold for the past week. I thought I would be back on form by now but this thing is hard to shake off and has completely floored me. So disappointed. Was looking forward to getting a medal and some chocolate!
    There's chocolate?

I dont really remember this race last year in a way. I did the 10km last year but weather was so bad I remember just being baltic and legging it for the car asap when I finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭positron

Well, the Cadbury truck is there - although I am not sure what that means, do they hand out hot chocolate or something to finishers?

http://www.irishmirror.ie/lifestyle/family/cadbury-christmas-truck-going-2016-9371654

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Anyone have a link to the route for the 10k?

Used to be Chesterfield/Ordnance Survey Rd/Furry Glen/ Furze Rd loop x 2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement