Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I'm 2 at the minute and that might be 3 for me, the other 2 came as I was on my last enemy of a big group from a drop ship , they really could have implemented summons better like night time only maybe.
    It's so bad I forgot I had them until the prompt came up yesterday. I just got to
    Ifrit. Not fond of his new look.

So I just finished it and I have no idea where that final scene came from.
    Noctis and Luna are alive again? Or didn't die because time travel? Or some kind of afterlife scene?

I loved the line before the fight at the end
    Off my chair jester, the king sits there

• Think it might make sense to make a spoilers thread?
    I have a fear of popping in here and accidentally revealing a spoiler tag :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Have to say I'm really enjoying this. It's not perfect, but it's the most enjoyable FF in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Not mad about the combat so far (lvl22) I find im just button mashing alot, unless i get a nice grouped spell out at the start. Is it just single target slashing for the most part or am i missing out on something? I shun away from using the
    royal arms
    as it depletes the HP pool. So unsure when to use them and how long for... should i be using them alot?

I'm mostly just doing the hunt quests or any other quests i can pick up between the main story quests. I'm 22 and next story quest is to go to
    Lestallum to meet Glads sis

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

In the middle of chapter 13 here and it's putting a serious downer on what has been my GoTY so far up till now. Slog isn't the word and I would definitely advise anybody who has yet to buy the game to hold off until the update releases which is set to rebalance the chapter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Think it might make sense to make a spoilers thread?
    I have a fear of popping in here and accidentally revealing a spoiler tag :/

No spoilers thread needed. Just have some self control :P Anyway the story is pish.

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No spoilers thread needed. Just have some self control :P Anyway the story is pish.
    It's more that if I'm half-cut at 2 am I will do something silly :o

Christ, this game is a clunky bug ridden mess

Was doing the
    get the car back quest
    got to the part where ive to warp stab 6 guys without them noticing me, just as the cut scene ends, i dont take a step and next of all they're all running towards me like i set off an alarm????? Then at the end im trying to
    summon ramuh
    im clicking the button it tells me to press over and over again and nothing, only after running around for 2-3 mins does it eventually go off, having to waste potions to maintain running around and not start that train wreck of a quest over again :mad:

Then after i decide to do some low level quests before i head back to update next main quest. I go to do a pick up quest, guy tells me i need to disarm 5 traps nearby (its a level 10 quest) i got to the area and there these two lvl 37 leopard animals that kick the ****ing **** out of my lvl 33 characters. I decide, **** it ill kill them and waste countless pots/phoenix downs just to kill them, then i start what can only be described as the worst quest ever created. I'm running around a 100 yard circle looking for 4 traps, which are hidden in bushes, behind rocks etc, it takes me a good 15mins to do this..****ing nightmare :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

There are magitech enemies who will 1 shot me every time. I cant do anything to evade their attacks either.
    Really annoying as I chew through countless potions every time I battle them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

nix wrote: »
    Then after i decide to do some low level quests before i head back to update next main quest. I go to do a pick up quest, guy tells me i need to disarm 5 traps nearby (its a level 10 quest) i got to the area and there these two lvl 37 leopard animals that kick the ****ing **** out of my lvl 33 characters....
    You mean the quest called "Mind the trap". :D

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Then after i decide to do some low level quests before i head back to update next main quest. I go to do a pick up quest, guy tells me i need to disarm 5 traps nearby (its a level 10 quest) i got to the area and there these two lvl 37 leopard animals that kick the ****ing **** out of my lvl 33 characters. I decide, **** it ill kill them and waste countless pots/phoenix downs just to kill them, then i start what can only be described as the worst quest ever created.

They're Coeurls and they're awful, just like in most FFs! They only spawn in for that quest if you're above level 30 when you do the quest and if you're very unlucky. You have to hunt them later on in the game too.

The best thing to do is to hit them with fire magic at the start and to never hit them when they're sitting down, because that means they're preparing to counter you and they will OHKO you. Ignis' skill that gives your weapon an element is useful here... if he doesn't freeze while he's doing it. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nearly two weeks now since it shipped.........asendia really are the worse courier service ever..........a carrier pigeon would have gotten it here faster....time too contact amazon and give blue murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Ran into some woman trouble and abruptly stopped playing. I'm on chapter 6 and about level 54, haven't played since Monday.

I browsed the topic, didn't look at any of the spoilers but disappointed to see the general hate for the story of the later chapters, although I feared it would probably be terrible after watching some reviews.

About those Coeurl's, by far the hardest fight I've had so far, what a ridiculous mission. Sometimes I think these games just don't have enough independent testers.

I hope I can play again soon, just hard to enjoy it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Currently max level. The 8 after game dungeons are stupidly repetitive while the one hidden dungeon isn't fun or RPG like. Its like they spent 9 years making 8 chapters then a year doing last 7 chapters and end game content

Currently max level. The 8 after game dungeons are stupidly repetitive while the one hidden dungeon isn't fun or RPG like. Its like they spent 9 years making 8 chapters then a year doing last 7 chapters and end game content

The hidden one was just pure stupid but the
    black hood
    was worth the trip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Saw some good reviews, whats it play like??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The hidden one was just pure stupid but the
    black hood
    was worth the trip.

it is but meh still shouldnt be in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got a good trade in deal with GS and picked this up. Watching Kingsglaive first as recommended and I think it's class so far, gonna watch the mini episodes then on YouTube before getting stuck into the game.

Also I got a code for a kings Tale, a 2d retro prequel game but no sign of it in my library. Red in gamefaqs that some people had to enter the code twice, good thing my code was still in the bin! Not sure if anyone else had the same issue.

• Advertisement

I'm playing through the whole
    you lose all your weapons, run around a maze of boring corridors for... what feels like an eternity so far.. upgrading keycards
    part, and I just wanna rip my eyes out and flush them down the toilet, im sure that would be more fun to watch than sitting through this game anymore..

The game has actually been one giant big mess ever since the
    leviathan
    encounter... Really horrid gaming craftsmaship.. If i didnt know any better id say they got up to this part a few months ago and then just said, **** it, finish it up really quick, but prolong everything that has to be done, have them run around pointless mazes over and over.. Srsly, JUST LOL at this..

I cannot wait to be rid of this game :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm playing through the whole
    you lose all your weapons, run around a maze of boring corridors for... what feels like an eternity so far.. upgrading keycards
    part, and I just wanna rip my eyes out and flush them down the toilet, im sure that would be more fun to watch than sitting through this game anymore..

leviathan
    encounter... Really horrid gaming craftsmaship.. If i didnt know any better id say they got up to this part a few months ago and then just said, **** it, finish it up really quick, but prolong everything that has to be done, have them run around pointless mazes over and over.. Srsly, JUST LOL at this..

You're not too far from the end, I did that part a short while ago.

Kind of agree, really enjoyable until you get
    on the train
    , then it's just a straight dash to the end.

Sorry I didn't get it on disc now - would have gotten some money back for it.

Yeah, im still in that part, its actually killing me, im gobsmacked how reviewers sat through this and still scored the game high :confused:

what irked me most now i'm finished is that 99% of the stuff you pick up is pure crap and waste you'll never use not like in the old turn based games where status ailments matter, now if you go toad, get petrified or poisoned you wait for it to wear off and hit a potion or elixir should you need.

The only really effective status is confusion.

Evade wrote: »
    The only really effective status is confusion.

Even then all you had to do was reverse the controls, down was up etc. or just hold B

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

leviathan

go watch the E3 2013 trailer, that part was supposed to be very different, what we got there was clearly something they made last minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I have an awful habit of getting drunk, feeling very adventurous and then buying games that I know full well I won't enjoy.
    Friday night was no exception. 70 quid on the PS Store for this very unusual spectacle. The buyer's remorse is strong with this one.

I don't like JRPGs and the FF series in particular (although I've never actually committed myself to one). However I'm determined to give this one the old college try. So far there's plenty of things to like. It's delightfully odd. But as always, the teen-goth characters, voice acting and creature design (which I detest) are turning me right off.

But I'll soldier on. What's absolutely certain is that I need to get through the game as quick as possible, otherwise I'll quit. So my question is this: how many side-quests (and general grinding) do I need to do to keep up with the difficulty curve? Basically, what's the quickest way through the game? I'd even consider knocking the difficulty down to easy. I want to see everything I like about the game, whilst limiting my exposure to the stuff I don't like.

Pickpocket wrote: »
    But I'll soldier on. What's absolutely certain is that I need to get through the game as quick as possible, otherwise I'll quit. So my question is this: how many side-quests (and general grinding) do I need to do to keep up with the difficulty curve? Basically, what's the quickest way through the game? I'd even consider knocking the difficulty down to easy. I want to see everything I like about the game, whilst limiting my exposure to the stuff I don't like.
    If you're at the recommended level for the main quests you should be fine, especially if it's on easy.

• Advertisement

Only the fishing achievement left to do zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Did the
    Adamantoise
    in just over an hour at level 85, it's not even remotely difficult but is super boring.

Advertisement