Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Only the fishing achievement left to do zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Did the
    Adamantoise
    in just over an hour at level 85, it's not even remotely difficult but is super boring.

Is that a boss fight? 1 hour?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Is that a boss fight? 1 hour?

Optional boss fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

F1ngers wrote: »
    Optional boss fight.

Panic over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Cashed it in at cex for €49, cost me €4 to play endure and finish it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PraxisPete

I largely enjoyed it. First one I've played since 7. The last bit was fairly tedious. I finished it at lvl35 but probably should have done a few more side missions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Only the fishing achievement left to do zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Did the
    Adamantoise
    in just over an hour at level 85, it's not even remotely difficult but is super boring.
    Do you have to do the hidden dungeon to get one of the achievements? I've neglected doing hunts and now have to do about 20 more to get to rank 5 so I can continue that quest line.

Evade wrote: »
    Do you have to do the hidden dungeon to get one of the achievements? I've neglected doing hunts and now have to do about 20 more to get to rank 5 so I can continue that quest line.

No you'd only have to do the ones containing the
    weapons
    for that achievement,the level 55 one was a bit of a pain. There are none really tied to the hunts I recall, but
    another guy shows up in lestallum who makes new weapons from stuff you get on his hunts
    the normal ones are really good for gil think you only needed to get to level 4 to do that guys quest line in hammerhead? It was a level 39 hunt if I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kingsglaive and Brotherhood were class, really enjoyed them. Looking forward to getting stuck into the game tonight. Anyone got any starring tips as I've read on here people missing things in the tutorial. Also, a few not happy with a later part of the game, I'm avoiding spoilers but is that the part that the devs said they are gonna patch to add story?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone got any starring tips
    Do the Regalia upgrade missions when they come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Don't do the collect Frogs missions, just lazy padding out crap. Unless you like walking around in circles for hours.

Dialogue between the main four is horrible. This game is good, but there's a lot of bad things in it that people seem to let slide.I wish I could kill Prompto now, the lamest character possible. He takes selfies all the time, so anyone like that is just a *****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

At the end of Brotherhood episode 1, I decided I hated Promto. At the end of episode 2, Promto became one of my favourites :) Run Prompto Run!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Don't do the collect Frogs missions, just lazy padding out crap. Unless you like walking around in circles for hours.

Dialogue between the main four is horrible. This game is good, but there's a lot of bad things in it that people seem to let slide.I wish I could kill Prompto now, the lamest character possible. He takes selfies all the time, so anyone like that is just a *****.

its worth it as it goes further and further only 2 frog collecyting out of like 5 or 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 monsterhunter

nix wrote: »
    Yeah, im still in that part, its actually killing me, im gobsmacked how reviewers sat through this and still scored the game high :confused:

Isn't that chapter being patched soon as a result of critic/gamer feedback?...

Has anyone played FF14 and how is it in comparison combat wise? I know it's an mmo but is it that menu driven garbage?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Has anyone played FF14 and how is it in comparison combat wise? I know it's an mmo but is it that menu driven garbage?

You can set it to "wait" mode which is a bit more like ATB rather than MMO menu driven but the default style is more kingdom hearts than anything else

RedXIV wrote: »
    You can set it to "wait" mode which is a bit more like ATB rather than MMO menu driven but the default style is more kingdom hearts than anything else

Cheers, might give it a shot when I'm done with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

At chapter 10 now and
    they've given up trying to explain the story.
    Don't have a clue what's going on and I'm beginning to not give a fcuk anymore.
    How has this game taken so long to release and they can't make a coherent story! I feel it's not a complicated story either!

EDIT: Oh ya, and I love that the latest Official Thread for FF XV on NeoGaf is titled "For Jared!"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324282
    Who the fcuk is Jared???

I'm level 31 now on Chapter 3. Not many sidequests left, should I complete the chapter now or level up a bit with some hunting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm level 31 now on Chapter 3. Not many sidequests left, should I complete the chapter now or level up a bit with some hunting?

The recommended level for Chapter 5 is 21 so you've no problem there.
    I'm level 44 and currently in Chapter 10.

The recommended level for Chapter 5 is 21 so you've no problem there.
    I'm level 44 and currently in Chapter 10.

Sweet, I'm just taking my time around it before it gets locked off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

I'm guessing 41euros delivered on amazon is the cheapest i,ll find around for this game? Its 70 in CEX and gamestop and 53.99 in argos :rolleyes: looks like i,ll wait for amazon to deliver it then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

The guys on the playstation forum have been tracking the 12 deals of christmas on PSN. They've predicted the last 4 correctly so far and they are expecting FFXV to appear at some point? If you're not in a hurry, that could be your cheapest option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I'm guessing 41euros delivered on amazon is the cheapest i,ll find around for this game? Its 70 in CEX and gamestop and 53.99 in argos :rolleyes: looks like i,ll wait for amazon to deliver it then :D

If you have a PS4 it will be in the 12 Days of Xmas sale next week on PSN.

It'll be the last deal

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

oh really? i presume it will only come down from 69.99 to maybe 39euros or around that though in ps store? well kinda too late as its ordered but whats a few extra euro anyway as i'm in no rush i guess :D

I'm in the Castlemark Tower dungeon and all I can say is
    **** those summoner Yojimbo. I'm in a tiny corridor and he summons about 15 lightning bombs.

**** those summoner Yojimbo. I'm in a tiny corridor and he summons about 15 lightning bombs.

Not a fan of the Dungeons, try to stay away for as long as I can.

2 hours I think before I worked out what was going on and stopped ending up being
    molested by 3 iron giant and a snake/Medusa who glitched into spamming a water attack
    :mad:

2 hours I think before I worked out what was going on and stopped ending up being
    molested by 3 iron giant and a snake/Medusa who glitched into spamming a water attack
    :mad:
    I never came across a medusa. It seems to be a running theme with these dungeons that the end boss is easier than some of the mobs.

Only four trophies to go but I'm focusing on getting all the strongest weapons before platinuming.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finally arrived today, over two weeks :rolleyes:

A lot of people in this thread seemed too like it at the start but by the end hated it ?

Advertisement