Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

A lot of people in this thread seemed too like it at the start but by the end hated it ?
    I complain a lot but I still like it.

Finally arrived today, over two weeks :rolleyes:

A lot of people in this thread seemed too like it at the start but by the end hated it ?

Since the "patch" was announced i'd let it sit and mature like fine wine until then. those 4 hours of chapter 11-13 or so got in the way of a good game for sure and if they are doing a deus ex machina on it I'd deffo wait. Pisses me off as I played it in it's released state and the changes they are making are so late in the game that I have zero incentive to play it again and experience them.

To answer your question i Loved , hated and loved it again once chapter 11-13 were done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I was very worried about Chapter 13 from reports I've read but I played though it last night and really enjoyed it.
    I don't play many Final Fantasy games but what it most reminded me of what the journey up the Shinra building in FF 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

ordered mine from amazon the other day and its currently flying its way over here..shocked that some people have it completed already must have been playing it non stop..for now im going to play ff lightening returns until it gets here

• Since the "patch" was announced i'd let it sit and mature like fine wine until then. those 4 hours of chapter 11-13 or so got in the way of a good game for sure and if they are doing a deus ex machina on it I'd deffo wait. Pisses me off as I played it in it's released state and the changes they are making are so late in the game that I have zero incentive to play it again and experience them.

To answer your question i Loved , hated and loved it again once chapter 11-13 were done.
    Should I wait until the patch? I could play up to chapter 10 and stop so that I avoid the sucky part
    I'm on chapter 5 atm

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Should I wait until the patch? I could play up to chapter 10 and stop so that I avoid the sucky part
    I'm on chapter 5 atm

I think if you're that far in I'd keep going at this point, no telling when that patch will arrive. At a push you can wrap things up in 3-5 hours.

Maybe keep a save so you don't have to replay to see the new stuff when ever it gets released.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

If you have a PS4 it will be in the 12 Days of Xmas sale next week on PSN.
    It'll be the last deal

Is there a list of the upcoming deals anywhere? Can't find via Google.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Fallout 4
    Dishonored II
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
    Battlefield 1
    Uncharted 4
    Titanfall 2
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
    FIFA 17
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Watch Dogs 2
    Final Fantasy XV

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

F1ngers got there first.

Has anyone else attempted the Steyliff vault dungeon? I think I'm near the end but those rooms with multiple tonberries are really eating into my curatives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Evade wrote: »
    Has anyone else attempted the Steyliff vault dungeon? I think I'm near the end but those rooms with multiple tonberries are really eating into my curatives.

Yeah have only the final no items allowed one left but havent played in a week, tornberry is a block counter battle tbh, just hold block

Yeah have only the final no items allowed one left but havent played in a week, tornberry is a block counter battle tbh, just hold block
    One on one I'm fine it's when I get swarmed by all four I have trouble.

One on one I'm fine it's when I get swarmed by all four I have trouble.

keep it held,all you can do, have you ignis item that heals you??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Some nutjob on Youtube grinded up to level 99 before getting the car fixed at Hammerhead.
    Why would you bother.

keep it held,all you can do, have you ignis item that heals you??
    I do but I'm out of elixirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only on chapter 2, I was told Did can upgrade my car but when I'm beside his garage, I see the green garage icon but can't get my car in there or start an upgrade option. Can anyone tell me how to do the upgrades and what the upgrades do?

I do but I'm out of elixirs.
    he has one for potions/hi potions, noctus has the elixer one

Some nutjob on Youtube grinded up to level 99 before getting the car fixed at Hammerhead.
    Why would you bother.

same reason the panda guy did it on wow, internet fame, idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Only on chapter 2, I was told Did can upgrade my car but when I'm beside his garage, I see the green garage icon but can't get my car in there or start an upgrade option. Can anyone tell me how to do the upgrades and what the upgrades do?

Just talk to cidy and select the upgrade option. Later in the game you get parts yo make the car use less fuel, go faster etc.
    Also you can colour car.
    You don't have to drive the ar in the garage

he has one for potions/hi potions, noctus has the elixer one
    Ignis has one for elixirs too, the Grand Chamberlain. It doesn't matter anyway I'm down to 2 phoenix downs, 2 mega-phoenixs, and 19 megalixirs. I just hit a few rooms of master tonberries, I assume I'm nearing the end.

• Advertisement

I got there in the end and the boss was easier than some of the mobs as usual. It only took seven hours, breaks included.

I got there in the end and the boss was easier than some of the mobs as usual. It only took seven hours, breaks included.

What was the reward at the end?

What was the reward at the end?
    The Flayer, a lance with 337 attack. I picked up a couple of other uniques on the way but I can't remember which ones.

I still have Crestholm and Costlemark to go.

I might have made it a little more difficult on myself because I wasn't camping on the way down. I was saving xp to use at the 3x xp hotel but I ended up with enough to max out my team at the last camp site in the dungeon.

• Game is starting to drag a little bit, just driving on with the main story now. On Chapter 8. Combat which has been fun up until now is becoming a bit samey. Not enough variation, Even in the upgrades.
    More a nitpick than anything else as it's been enjoyable up until now.

The Flayer, a lance with 337 attack. I picked up a couple of other uniques on the way but I can't remember which ones.

I still have Crestholm and Costlemark to go.

I might have made it a little more difficult on myself because I wasn't camping on the way down. I was saving xp to use at the 3x xp hotel but I ended up with enough to max out my team at the last camp site in the dungeon.
    the final 99 dungeon don't worry about items btw you can't use any

Patch 1.03 is out, it adds new game+.

• Evade wrote: »
    Patch 1.03 is out, it adds new game+.

I'm now on Chapter 10, wonder how this effects my current playthrough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My thoughts on the game's first two hours or so: it's a mess of open world and anime tropes but there was also a bit where a character yelled the victory fanfare after a fight which was great enough that I'll be back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just completed ch 1, level 10, didnt complete all the hunt quests as im under leveled for them, is the best way too level up just go out and attack mobs?

• Advertisement

Just completed ch 1, level 10, didnt complete all the hunt quests as im under leveled for them, is the best way too level up just go out and attack mobs?
    The best way to level up is probably to save up xp until you can use a 2x or 3x hotel. If I was to go back I'd do hunts because I always seemed to be short of gil. You can stay at the recommended main quest levels without doing many sidequests or hunts.

Advertisement