Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The Chapter 13 enhancement patch is coming out on the 28th of March.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Might actually get back into this, and see if i can get past chapter 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Xenji wrote: »

I somehow made it past it, my god it was awful though.

14 and 15 are enjoyable thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Got to Deathclaw on chapter 12. Forgot to buy potions and stuff and seriously struggling now. 4 attempts in and can only get him 1/4 health left. Level 33. Can it be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

What level was everyone at by the time they got to chapter 5 I'm on level 27 now I was gonna try and blast through more of the story or would I be better off grinding more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

What level was everyone at by the time they got to chapter 5 I'm on level 27 now I was gonna try and blast through more of the story or would I be better off grinding more
    If you're above the recommended level for the story missions you'll be fine.

• Xenji wrote: »

Have not played it since that was announced. And I'm still only on Chapter 10 from what I can remember.
    Hopefully it won't impact my save file.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Just finished the games story,
    At the risk of sounding like I'm trolling, I enjoyed from chapter 9, yes it closed off the world and put in on rails bit it finally started telling story,
    Chapter 13 was fine a bit long bit I didn't hate it,
    My major disappointment with the game was the story and what is most disappointing is I feel there is a good story there it just was not told well and a lot of it not told at all.
    Might hang on to it for some after credits dungeons .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

DLC release dates.

Whats in the booster pack?

Whats in the booster pack?

A sword, fishing rod and a reel so far, could be more, the suits have been delayed that were going to be in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Patch out

Version 1.05
    - PlayStation 4 Pro console Lite Mode compatibility with a maximum of 60 FPS
    - New Timed Quests (limited-time hunts and contests)
    - Higher level cap (up to 120)
    - Increased camera roll capacity (store up to 200 photos)
    - Portable music player for chocobo rides
    - Conclusion of the Moogle Chocobo Carnival
    - Various bug fixes

They also added the Nier soundtrack to the radio

The 'A Kings Tale' game will be free for everyone on March 1st. It was initially a pre-order bonus with certain retailers I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Been playing through this for the past couple of weeks.

It's pretty good and I had planned to do extras and postgame stuff until I looked up guides and saw how grindy it all is.

Just going to finish the story and move on to something else now.

It looks like episode Ignis will release at some point in Q4 and an expansion "World Of Versus" based on world of dreams that Noctis can enter in his slumber will be released during Q1 of 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That'll do for me. I picked it up in the Square sale on PSN last week and it's sitting there on my hard-drive but I said I'd wait until that patch is released before playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Hi everyone.
    Literally just bought the game...was doing the tutorials at the start and I noticed the screen isn't 'fitting' the game. It's like my screen is too small.

I know this is probably something basic but I am a total technophobe so be gentle...any help is appreciated

JamieK wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    Literally just bought the game...was doing the tutorials at the start and I noticed the screen isn't 'fitting' the game. It's like my screen is too small.

I know this is probably something basic but I am a total technophobe so be gentle...any help is appreciated
    There should be an option to adjust the screen area in the game settings menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Hi everyone.

Happened to me too, you can adjust it in the menu settings.
    Still playing through it myself and enjoying it.

Thanks for helping guys but all that's on the menu is language, difficulty, combat, audio, subtitles, brightness, controls, camera, minimal, vibration, guide, HUD, stamina and hints. None of which affect screen size :(

I thought there was an option in the game menu but after a quick google it looks like there isn't. You can adjust the display area of you PS4 in Settings>Sound & Screen>Display Area but this will affect all your other games too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

What are you on? I'm on Xbox One and at the menu right now.
    Four up from the bottom it says "Display Area".

Evade wrote: »
    I thought there was an option in the game menu but after a quick google it looks like there isn't. You can adjust the display area of you PS4 in Settings>Sound & Screen>Display Area but this will affect all your other games too.

Yea I tried that and it was already at it's smallest! Thanks though!
    It was frustrating trying to figure out how to push the car at the very start as it just said "Push" with 'R2' being off screen! :P

Apologies for the double post as well...but would it have anything to do with the game needing to download an update? My internet speed is horrendous so it will take over a day to download it.
    Could that fix the problem?

Apologies for the double post as well...but would it have anything to do with the game needing to download an update? My internet speed is horrendous so it will take over a day to download it.
    Could that fix the problem?
    No idea but if you can update it you probably should.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Bought this today and currently waiting for it to download while I watch 'Brotherhood'. 70GB!

Pretty excited to play it now. I loved FFVII; a masterpiece. VIII wasn't very memorable, I remember enjoying IX but thought X was terrible. Haven't played a FF since, so this is coming back to the series after a long time.

I'll probably watch Kingslgaive later as I saw it mentioned that this actually occurs after 'chapter 1' in the game.

I played Kings Tale earlier, which was pretty fun actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just about to get stuck in! Dowbloaded!

Watched Kingsglaive and have to say I really enjoyed both that and Brotherhood. Kinda awesome to have all that content before even playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Bought this today and currently waiting for it to download while I watch 'Brotherhood'. 70GB!

Pretty excited to play it now. I loved FFVII; a masterpiece. VIII wasn't very memorable, I remember enjoying IX but thought X was terrible. Haven't played a FF since, so this is coming back to the series after a long time.

I'll probably watch Kingslgaive later as I saw it mentioned that this actually occurs after 'chapter 1' in the game.

I played Kings Tale earlier, which was pretty fun actually.

Take my advice man! Wait for another 6 months to play it!

Why? The game was released unfinished, at the moment there is multiple DLCs on the way, and patches...a big example. You cannot drive the car off road.

Not yet! Hwoever its on the way. Playing FFXV and finishing it now, will ruin for you, what might be a great game, 6-9 months from now. Its still good the way it is imo, but it could be great and is definitely improving as time goes on. Why isn't it great right now? Its simple, it is not finished, parts of it are, but other jarringly obvious parts aren't/ Do yourself a favour and wait

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Is this worth the €35 price tag in Argos at the minute do folks think?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Andrew76 wrote: »

If you've waited this long might be worth hanging on for the rumoured PC version although that might not be for another 9 to 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Andrew76 wrote: »

A steal at that price.

Advertisement