Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I much prefer the old turn based combat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you've waited this long might be worth hanging on for the rumoured PC version although that might not be for another 9 to 12 months.
    A steal at that price.

Cheers folks. Might pick it up so. Don't really play PC games too much at the minute (other than sim racing) so PS4 it'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Is this worth the €35 price tag in Argos at the minute do folks think?

They should be paying you to play this worthless piece of sh!t ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I havent played enough to give a fair review of this game but Mount & Blade: Warband - which I spotted in the PS Store after buying this - is more fun so far, so I've been playing that instead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I much prefer the old turn based combat.

Gotta agree with this, only started playing it yesterday. My brother had it on disk and I never knew :o
    The characters feel a bit flat though, saying that its only been 3 hours in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Was just messing around in the F-Type Regalia which is great fun.
    I'm in the habit of saving before the start of every journey now, my landings still need a bit of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

did they ever had that update to improve chapter 13, was it? was waiting for that before playing it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

did they ever had that update to improve chapter 13, was it? was waiting for that before playing it myself

It came out at the end of March, update 1.06.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Did it actually improve it? I was only on chapter 9, but held off for it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I played through before the update, it wasn't that bad just kind of annoying.

I'm running out of stuff to do, at level 70 I'm not ready for the chapter 15 stuff.
    Might polish off the hunts and dungeons and go New Game+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I just bought this... maybe I made a 30 quid mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I just bought this... maybe I made a 30 quid mistake.

Obviously it depends a lot on what games you normally enjoy but I'd have to say it was a great game once it opened up a bit. I sank over 100 hours into it anyway?

I love RPGs just not a fan of turn based jrpgs but I can see the combat is real time so we will see. I'm currently enjoying the brotherhood episodes on you tube and like the gang already so maybe things arent too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I love RPGs just not a fan of turn based jrpgs but I can see the combat is real time so we will see. I'm currently enjoying the brotherhood episodes on you tube and like the gang already so maybe things arent too bad.

It's a great game IMO, way better than it had any right to be after being stuck in development hell for so long. Now is a great time to play it as well as a lot of the problems which led to it getting grief have been worked out.

Looking forward to the PC release this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kiith wrote: »
    Looking forward to the PC release this year.

Fingers crossed it's not the usual square Enix hack job.

What a great game.

What a great game.

Can't believe you finished it in a week :D it took me nearly 7 months. (I blame the kids)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Tempted to buy this. Cheap in argos. So it's a good game over all?

Couldn't quite get in to 13.

Miles ahead of 13. I really enjoyed it, probably more that most will but if it's <20 I think it's a no brainer.

It's as close as you can imagine to what the early FF overworlds of 7,8 and 9 would be like with ps4 power. And the combat is satisfying when you unlock some the abilities

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    Can't believe you finished it in a week :D it took me nearly 7 months. (I blame the kids)

Sleep is for the dead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

It's like 13, boring and shit combat, i button mashed to the finish, the only difficulty one might find is if you're under leveled the battles take long to get through due to high hp pools, but keeping your potions well stocked will get you through all story content with ease. (i got so bored i didnt bother with much of the side quest content)

The story is good up to a point, but then it turns into a convoluted mess and starts tripping up over itself, i heard the DLC's helped flesh out the story but meh..

Theres alot better games to be played, much better in fact :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm genuinely struggling with the combat in this game.

I really want to enjoy it, but I just find the combat is all over the place and the often awful camera angles are killing me.

Is it just me, or is the story an absolute mess? I don't mean the overall plot (which has it's own issues), but so much stuff seems to be happening off screen and i don't have any idea what's going on at times. I'm on chapter 13 (Royal edition, so supposed to be improved on the original), and the
    Empires capital is a mess, Ravys is dead somehow and there are demons everywhere. No idea how, or why (darkness = demons i guess).

I know FF stories are often a mess, but this is just all over the place. I just want to finish it at this stage.

Also, the side quests are some of the worst i've ever come across. Absolute waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I usually plow hours into FF games even when the main story is done but once I completed FFXV, I binned it.

I done side quests along the way but I barely went back into once I was done with it, it wasnt worth it to me.

Yeah, i was going them along the way, but after being sent for yet another van (or whatever generic quest it was), i decided it wasn't worth it. Might do the tombs for the armgear, but that'd be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Is it just me, or is the story an absolute mess? I don't mean the overall plot (which has it's own issues), but so much stuff seems to be happening off screen and i don't have any idea what's going on at times

I haven't played this game or have no intention of ever playing it as Final Fantasy is dead to me, but I did watch a review for it online. Apparently to get the full story you need to watch the movie and the anime, read the comic, and play the mobile game as well as play all the character DLC released for the game, only then will the story/game be considered good. That's a big investment in both time and money for one game alone, but I suppose if you are a FF superfun you would eat up all content you could get your hands on.

The reviewers channel I forget and can't link as I just happened apon it while browsing youtube

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Empires capital is a mess, Ravys is dead somehow and there are demons everywhere. No idea how, or why (darkness = demons i guess).

Hahaha I was wondering the same myself.
    Yeah, i was going them along the way, but after being sent for yet another van (or whatever generic quest it was), i decided it wasn't worth it. Might do the tombs for the armgear, but that'd be it.

I found the dungeons for the armgear mostly fun, except for
    Costlemark Tower , whereby towards the end if you take the wrong turn you could end up back in the same room with 4 mini bosses, over and over and over again.

Anyone play this on PS4 Pro? 20 euro in Argos and was going to buy it or would I be better playing it on PC?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone play this on PS4 Pro? 20 euro in Argos and was going to buy it or would I be better playing it on PC?

Its grand on the ps4, is it the goty edition?

Advertisement