Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

So who's yer favourite villian from the FF Series :pac:?

The true bad guy from FF9
    Garland.
    Because in a sense, he's not a bad guy at all or at least not a "destroy the world cause I want to lad". He actually has fùcked up but make sense reasons for doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Been trying to get into these games for years but always hated the turn based combat, so since this is ARPG I have it downloading now. I hope I haven't made a huge 70 Euro mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Been trying to get into these games for years but always hated the turn based combat, so since this is ARPG I have it downloading now. I hope I haven't made a huge 70 Euro mistake.
    Blasphemy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Is Kingsglaive worth a watch?
    Might throw it on tonight before I start the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

I thought it was decent. Not great but the story really sets up the game. Even more so than I thought it would. I'd suggest watching it and brotherhood if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

So who's yer favourite villian from the FF Series :pac:?

Don Corneo:
    4ZX4b.gif

I'm so terrible afraid the remake won't do him justice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

You already made your first mistake paying 70 for it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Is their anything of note in the steelbook or is it just nice case? I wonder if they'll get the standard edition later on in the week for even cheaper.

• Don Corneo:
    4ZX4b.gif

I'm so terrible afraid the remake won't do him justice :pac:

Classic Creep :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I don't have a lot of experience with the series, I've played FF7 and loved it.
    Watched someone play FF8 (looked like fun) and played the first hour or two of FF9 which was weird but fun.
    Moved away from the series when they became more linear.
    Will be keeping an eye on this with the intention of getting it in a few months if it's judged to be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Unearthly wrote: »
    You already made your first mistake paying 70 for it :p

Paid for convenience and instant delivery. It might be cheaper elsewhere alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

It's good for giving an outline of the story before you get started. And if you've played other games in the series, some nice nods there.

Voice acting is a little hammy but from square, this is probably their best film to date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

I watched the first hour-ish of Kingsglaive and the lip synching was distractingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Can't believe this has actually been released. I suppose I had better pick it up on the way home from work. And I finally just started the Witcher 3 last night. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

€54 in Argos. Be rude not to really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Stupid Argos messed up my PS4 console order and so i can't play till tomorrow. Bah! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Final Gear Solid

Think I might grab this after all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Do game stop ever bring the price down to a reasonable price after some time? its at 70 at the moment, and i have a €30 voucher. Would be such a waste to use it and only get it €10 cheaper than argos :(

How do they get away with those prices? what ****ing idiots pay that when you can get it for 50 elsewhere ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Copy is waiting at home \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

nix wrote: »
    Do game stop ever bring the price down to a reasonable price after some time? its at 70 at the moment, and i have a €30 voucher. Would be such a waste to use it and only get it €10 cheaper than argos :(

How do they get away with those prices? what ****ing idiots pay that when you can get it for 50 elsewhere ???

Yeah it's crazy isn't it. I will never buy a new game from there and can only encourage everyone else to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

If you're finished with newer games, can't you bring them into them and get a new release for a tenner or something like that? Then use your voucher to get it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Woden wrote: »
    Copy is waiting at home \o/

Got the call from DHL :D Delivered today as well! Hurry up work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

humanji wrote: »
    If you're finished with newer games, can't you bring them into them and get a new release for a tenner or something like that? Then use your voucher to get it for free.

yeah two games for 1 plus a tenner :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

humanji wrote: »

Yeah i dont have any new games that i could trade in, save for DS3 which ill never part with, the only others i have i want to keep or i wont get much for :(

I'm gonna hold out on buying either way, see what the reviews i trust say, im currently not to keen to splash out on a franchise which has failed to deliver since X, and im not to keen to drive a boy band around in an audi and pretend its fantasy..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

drive a boy band around in an audi and pretend its fantasy..

LOL :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just noticed Amazon shipped my copy using asendia.........I won't expect it anytime soon then.

Just noticed Amazon shipped my copy using asendia.........I won't expect it anytime soon then.

I stopped buying games from them altogether because of that shower :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah I had the same with Titanfall 2. Dispatched 25 November arrives sometime after 10 December. They seem to be speeding up. I'd forgotten this is why I stopped using Amazon.
    at least it was cheap and I'm in no rush

I stopped buying games from them altogether because of that shower :mad:
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah I had the same with Titanfall 2. Dispatched 25 November arrives sometime after 10 December. They seem to be speeding up. I'd forgotten this is why I stopped using Amazon.
    at least it was cheap and I'm in no rush

I don't why they didn't just use an post like they did when I got sword art online :confused:, I had in about two days .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    13's battle system is incredible, the problem is you end up fighting the same group of enemies over and over due to how long and boring the corridors are. Thankfully they changed things up in 13-2 which is way more interesting and fun despite being pants on head stupid.

People shouldn't be put off the FF13 sequels because of FF13, they are excellent with FF13-3 being one of the best an most underappreciated games of last gen. It's pretty much the Valkyrie Profile sequel we never got.

Matter of oppinion that. FF13's battle system was one of the worst. That game in general was the worst Final Fantasy Ive played of the main series.

Still to pick this up which is odd considering Im a big fan. The battle system is really putting me off. After being burnt by 13 I'm much more hesitant.

Some of the reviews said its a very basic battle system, those that have played it, any thoughts?

Advertisement