Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

JRPG's in general have always been aimed at teenagers but I wouldn't be surprised that they had an older audience in mind for XV.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Sieghardt wrote: »
    FF was NEVER aimed at kids under 12, hell they're all teen rated, kids under 12 arent even technically allowed to play, the average player age in general has always been increasing and lots of the old fans are still around

I think you're kind of missing my point but we'll have to agree to disagree! I'm simply saying that the ages of the people who will play XV at launch isn't the same as the ages of the people who played, say, IV or VII at launch. I'm an old fan and I'll be playing XV, but your average 10 year old in Japan or even in the West isn't going to, not like your average 10 year old in the 90s would have played IV or VII. Maybe they'll play Dissidia or one of the DS remasters, but not XV.

Basically, in Japan FF isn't competing with Dragon Quest like it did in the 90s; it's competing with SMT (remember that they polled whether people would get P5 or XV?), Yakuza, Resi, etc. Kids won't buy it, adults will. We'll see how it does in sales. I hope it does well, I want an Episode Luna :D

Anyone else name their chocobo Roach??? :pac:

Actaully has anyone else noticed standard potions heal you for more HP than Hi-Potions :confused: Must be a bug.

Anyone else been to Altissia yet? I get whats going on but felt it's poorly explained by the game leading up to this point. I mean I didn't realise they had
    killed titan, which explains why I'm only able to summon the other guys but I never got a strong impression they were out to win the favor of all of the 6, it's obvious now but really had very little spelt out before coming here

Feel it's a waste of a location too as I was hoping for some nice distractions and fun silly side quests but there was only the arena in which I lost a fortune and reloaded a save :mad:

Maybe theres more to do here later? I wasn't able to go to the outer reaches of the map in chapter 9.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just got to Altissa last night after 25 hours (level 42).
    Not really sure what's going on to be honest. We are going to rescue Luna i think, though i'm not sure what she is doing there. Something to do with getting the blessings of the rest of the gods. It's hard to care about her in any way though, given we've only seen her is like two flashbacks. They did a really bad job of setting up the characters. I'm also annoyed that there has been practically no mention from Noctis or his friends about the Kings death and destruction of their city. Noctis has shown zero emotion through the whole game to be honest, which is pretty stupid.

The story is pretty crap to be honest. I'm finding some of it interesting, but it's told very poorly. There was more story in the Brotherhood shorts then has been in the game so far after 25 hours.

Yeah I'm feeling pretty much the same way Kiith, loving the game play though but hard to give a fiddlers about the story. I've gone from thinking Kingsglaive and Brotherhood are optional to essential viewing now.

It's not even a case like in other rpg titles were you spend so long away from the main story you forget whats going on , here it's just that there is really not much going on. It's not that complex a story, yet very poorly articulated.

The cutscene at the end of the Altissia section was a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Apparently the later chapters are going to be getting story changes in patches? I'm only in chapter 3 but I guess I'll be taking my time going forward.

megaten wrote: »
    Apparently the later chapters are going to be getting story changes in patches? I'm only in chapter 3 but I guess I'll be taking my time going forward.

Yeah original here http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201612070039/

Translation from Neogaf http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1322843

Worst luck I'm at that point now :(
    Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XV. Final Fantasy XV was able to achieve an amazing accomplishment, shipping 5 million copies worldwide on the release day. I would like to express my gratitude for everyone that has purchased it.

Currently I have heard many players around the world enjoying themselves. Players are pleased to be enjoying this new Final Fantasy, as well as the staff, we are really happy.
    We’ve promised before launching the game that Final Fantasy needed to be complete before it was released. We will continue to update and we are planning to provide a more rich gaming experience to all players around the world. As a gratitude for exceeding 5 million copies, I’ve decided to strengthen the update plan considerably beyond the original plan and inform you of a concrete road map.

These are updates to make the Final Fantasy XV gaming experience more rich, and for longer playability, updates based on requests from players after the release, and in addition to DLC development reported previously. They will be given for free for the short term, mid-term, and long-term.

Final Fantasy XV Update Roadmap

Short-term goals
    First, we will update the experience of Chapter 13’s gameplay. For that reason, we are undertaking many enhancements such as increasing the power of the ring’s magic. We will inform you of the details of updated content at a later time.

Mid-term goals
    Updating the production of the second half of the game, further enhancing the experience of the story. For example, we are planning to add event scenes where “What happened to Ravus?” was from. In addition to the event scenes, voice responses and localization work to all languages will occur so we will work firmly on this as a mid-term goal. Details of the plan will be announced once it’s decided.

Long-term goals
    We will make it possible to use important characters that appeared in the main game as playable characters. We will also consider adding an avatar system to create original characters. In addition to this, we will continue to actively update so that various players can enjoy Final Fantasy XV for a long time.

Others
    After clearing the game, you can carry your progress into a New Game. Finishing it at a low level, an invincible suit, we will offer various items that extend the range of play. Fonts displayed can be enlarged for easier reading.
    For the already announced DLC, it is planned to be released as originally intended.

FFXV Holiday Pack
    FFXV Booster Pack
    FFXV Episode Gladiolus
    FFXV Episode Ignis
    FFXV Episode Prompto
    FFXV Online Expansion Pack: Companion

On behalf of the staff and all players around the world, we hope you will enjoy Final Fantasy XV even more. Thank you for your continued support for Final Fantasy XV and the Final Fantasy series.

FFXV Director Hajime Tabata

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wanted to get this at the weekend but it's been leaked/rumoured to be part of the PSN 12 deals of Christmas just before Christmas weekend. Think I'll hold out for definite now with the talks of that patch.

In the home stretch now, half way through chapter 13 and it's an abomination. Has to be up there with some of the worst decisions in gaming.

All the negativity about this section was justified :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

In the home stretch now, half way through chapter 13 and it's an abomination. Has to be up there with some of the worst decisions in gaming.

All the negativity about this section was justified :mad:
    Is that the part where
    They take all your weapons away?
    I just cleared that last night, it was unbelievably frustrating.

Evade wrote: »
    Is that the part where
    They take all your weapons away?
    I just cleared that last night, it was unbelievably frustrating.

Yup, and it's not only out of place in the game but it wouldn't have been so bad had it not been a 2 hour long section.

Yup, and it's not only out of place in the game but it wouldn't have been so bad had it not been a 2 hour long section.
    The camera in that section is awful too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still no sign of my copy :rolleyes:

Might be patched up and DLC out by the time you get it if Asendia are involved :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Thinking of waiting for a game of the year type edition after reading all that about the story being patched. If I only play a game like that once, I want it to be the best version.

I've been around the recommended level for the main questline through the game, now I'm at the end and underlevelled without much opportunity to grind.

Close to the end now and a bit confused was
    Ardyn the king or the guy exiled????? I know he has the name of the Lucis line but
    don't bother if it gets cleared up later , just found it confusing when it gets mentioned i just don't want to go to google at this point.

• Advertisement

Did I miss it or does the game not tell you you can use more than one type of elemental energy to make a spell?

Did I miss it or does the game not tell you you can use more than one type of elemental energy to make a spell?

I only found that out today, and that all the other crap you pick up and make it into a quad cast etc. but I think that part was in the tutorial.

Start of chapter 14 is some bull****
    loads of low level enemies you should be able to steam roll at level 55 and they have massive health and resistances
    :mad:

Start of chapter 14 is some bull****
    loads of low level enemies you should be able to steam roll at level 55 and they have massive health and resistances
    :mad:
    I'm only at level 41 with Noctis, I'd love to be at level 55.

I'm only at level 41 with Noctis, I'd love to be at level 55.

Oh wow how did chapter 13 go?
    I was able to hold/release X on most of the goons so my magic didn't drain away to nothing. F'd if I was stealthing that like they wanted you to.

That was me doing all but 10 side quests but not exploiting the hotels etc. for extra XP and not running from fights.

EDIT:
    Beards
    should have been a thing from the start :pac:

Oh wow how did chapter 13 go?
    I was able to hold/release X on most of the goons so my magic didn't drain away to nothing. F'd if I was stealthing that like they wanted you to.
    I singled out each enemy and used the dodge holy spell. If I managed to aggro two at once it was game over.

I singled out each enemy and used the dodge holy spell. If I managed to aggro two at once it was game over.
    Thats what I was using the trick was to use it like a counter hold and release so it didn't drain all your stamina/mp they could have done with the dodge prompt on screen there.

Thats what I was using the trick was to use it like a counter hold and release so it didn't drain all your stamina/mp they could have done with the dodge prompt on screen there.
    At least the MT troopers attacks were pretty obvious. **** this Behemoth in Insomnia.

At least the MT troopers attacks were pretty obvious. **** this Behemoth in Insomnia.
    Ifrit
    ??? Just circled left to the save point so thats for tomorrow night. Has to be done on normal too for a trophy. I actually forgot you could drop the difficulty down until I typed that, I've been on normal the whole time so not sure what difference easy makes. I think it's only thta you can't die.

Ifrit
    ??? Just circled left to the save point so thats for tomorrow night. Has to be done on normal too for a trophy. I actually forgot you could drop the difficulty down until I typed that, I've been on normal the whole time so not sure what difference easy makes. I think it's only thta you can't die.
    I don't have
    Ifrit
    but I got the monster down to about 60% after getting lucky with quincast and then got a prompt for
    Leviathan.
    I think that's only the third time I've gotten a non story related summon prompt.

• Advertisement

I don't have
    Ifrit
    but I got the monster down to about 60% after getting lucky with quincast and then got a prompt for
    Leviathan.
    I think that's only the third time I've gotten a non story related summon prompt.

I'm 2 at the minute and that might be 3 for me, the other 2 came as I was on my last enemy of a big group from a drop ship , they really could have implemented summons better like night time only maybe.

Advertisement