Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Articles/Vids Best of..

• 28-11-2016 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭

What did you read/watch etc in 2016 that you think is worth sharing?

Mine -
    Book (i usually listen to them on audible)

- The fighters mind
    - Ego is the enemy
    - How bad do you want it

Vid -

- for me these guys are just insane movers, watching Bboy junior gives my goosebumps hes just so good.

- really like most things the school of life and Vox post also

Interview -
    - Basically anything with Christain T e.g. this

or Mike Isratel like this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

http://strengtheory.com/how-to-deadlift/

Everything there was ever worth knowing or asking about the Deadlift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The Art of Lifting and The Science of Lifting - both by Greg Nuckols with Omar Assmuff.

And their Lifting Lyceum series.

And Danny Lennon has been hitting the ball out of the park on sigma nutrition radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

I didn't properly read many books this year, but there's an app/website called Blinkist that gives you 10 minute summaries of popular books. GetAbstract is another one. You can just repeatedly sign up to them with throwaway e-mail addresses and keep getting free trials.

Blinkist can be used in audio form too.

Tim Ferris' new book out next week looks like it's going to be good. He's compiled all the best tips from the 200+ high achievers he's had on his podcast. He's analysed their morning routines, how they do use meditation/minduflness etc.
    There's a preview chapter Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Books
    Win or Learn - John Kavanagh
    Mastering the Rubber Guard - Eddie Bravo

Video
    Emmet Louis' Ballistic Stretching Series, Horse Stance too.

Interview/Article
    I've read a lot of strength theory this year.

Next up is to look for something on programming strength training, and perhaps programming strength training for other sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    http://strengtheory.com/how-to-deadlift/

Everything there was ever worth knowing or asking about the Deadlift
    have to say their site combined with juggernaut is all most people that want to train right would need

• Advertisement

The Art of Lifting and The Science of Lifting - both by Greg Nuckols with Omar Assmuff.

And their Lifting Lyceum series.

And Danny Lennon has been hitting the ball out of the park on sigma nutrition radio.
    Danny's work over the last 2yrs is massively under quoted

CM24 wrote: »
    I didn't properly read many books this year, but there's an app/website called Blinkist that gives you 10 minute summaries of popular books. GetAbstract is another one. You can just repeatedly sign up to them with throwaway e-mail addresses and keep getting free trials.

Blinkist can be used in audio form too.

Tim Ferris' new book out next week looks like it's going to be good. He's compiled all the best tips from the 200+ high achievers he's had on his podcast. He's analysed their morning routines, how they do use meditation/minduflness etc.
    There's a preview chapter Here
    great find, bookmarked

Mellor wrote: »
    Books
    Win or Learn - John Kavanagh
    Mastering the Rubber Guard - Eddie Bravo

Video
    Emmet Louis' Ballistic Stretching Series, Horse Stance too.

Interview/Article
    I've read a lot of strength theory this year.

Next up is to look for something on programming strength training, and perhaps programming strength training for other sports.
    id recommend the juggernaut books on strength training programming, quite enjoyed

combine with 10+ year of training or 3+ years with a direct coach on how to better listen to your body (autonomic training) for optimal results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭cmyk

Transform wrote: »

Possibly the best health based podcast out there. Both of his interviews with Dan Pardi in particular never get deleted from the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

id recommend the juggernaut books on strength training programming, quite enjoyed

combine with 10+ year of training or 3+ years with a direct coach on how to better listen to your body (autonomic training) for optimal results

Listening to my body is one of the main elements. I "train" anywhere up to 5-7 (occasionally 8) times a week. I wouldn't get away with that if I was treating each one as a smashing session.
    Going forward, Id like to plan 2017 as some sort of macro cycle. Instead of breaking it into individual 8-12 week blocks of shifting focus.
    I know I wont sudden learn that from a book or article. But it might help me get some ideas down on paper

• Advertisement

That the one The Scientific Principles of Strength Training?

Great read.

Even the couple of podcasts I'd thought I wouldn't be hugely interested in turned out to be hugely interesting.

cmyk wrote: »
    Possibly the best health based podcast out there. Both of his interviews with Dan Pardi in particular never get deleted from the car.
    plus his interviews with Mike Israetel were golden.
    but hey if you cant put it in a 2-4mins heavily edited vid with nice music and close up back and biceps shots then the kids wont watch it/ listen to it

That the one The Scientific Principles of Strength Training?

Great read.
    yup thats the very one but i honestly rarely ever read training related stuff much as very little new stuff at all

Mellor wrote: »
    Listening to my body is one of the main elements. I "train" anywhere up to 5-7 (occasionally 8) times a week. I wouldn't get away with that if I was treating each one as a smashing session.
    Going forward, Id like to plan 2017 as some sort of macro cycle. Instead of breaking it into individual 8-12 week blocks of shifting focus.
    I know I wont sudden learn that from a book or article. But it might help me get some ideas down on paper
    i think most people dont do this enough and hard to do when the fitness industry keeps selling 6-12 week transformation programs and online programs that suggest in any way that they are tailored

also was thinking interviews

The two tim ferris did with coach sommer

the one joe rogan did with lance armstrong - defo listen

Advertisement