Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parker Hale Moderator Disassembly Rod

Options
  • 28-11-2016 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm trying to get my hands on a Parker Hale disassembly rod for their steel moderator.
    Does anyone have one to spare?
    Perhaps they can be rigged up easily enough?
    Thanks in advance!
    GR.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

I recently took my .22lr Parker hale moderator apart for cleaning. Like you I didn't have the tool that came with it originally. You only need the tool for reassembly to align the baffles. I just used a welding rod the same diameter as the holes in the baffles to align them properly and it worked fine

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

As above a 6-8 mm welding rod or similar rod of any material will work just as well.

I'd suggest using something slightly less than the diameter of the baffle holes because it will allow you to easily manipulate the rod and baffles as it can take a little finesse to align them all.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Just be careful that the baffles are not sitting crooked inside the tube or when you come to put the spring washer and end cap on if the baffles aren't sitting right you will be trying to compress the baffles in to place with the end cap and could easily strip the threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

Hi,
    I have a spare, if you want it pm me.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭g00167015

It appears the kind gentleman above may have come to the rescue, but failing that a length of quarter inch wood dowel works fine. Do a little buildup of insulating tape to act as the place for the rearmost baffle to rest as you put them back in.

That way, you can stack them all closely on the dowel before lowering them all back into the body of the moderator.

Otherwise, if you just slide them in individually, they will go pitter-patter-pitter-patter down the tube and probably get cocked sideways in the process.

• Advertisement
Advertisement