Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER for selling

Options
  • 28-11-2016 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Good afternoon guys,

I am in the middle of selling an apartment and need to get a BER cert. Any recommendations on who to use?

Estate Agent have offered to organise it for €160 but any of the ads I've seen have advertised it for a lot less.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I'd go with whoever's cheapest. It's not going to make much material difference so no point paying over the odds for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

carrieb wrote: »
    Good afternoon guys,

I am in the middle of selling an apartment and need to get a BER cert. Any recommendations on who to use?

Estate Agent have offered to organise it for €160 but any of the ads I've seen have advertised it for a lot less.

Ring one the ads.

There's not a lot of money in them so prices hover very close to each other.

The 160 includes VAT then you have the SEAI registration fee for the Cert which is 25 plus the cost of travel and time and report.

What other prices did you see advertised if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I had got a few quotes for the BER before meeting the estate agents. He asked if I'd got someone, and I mentioned the quote I'd got, and he said to go with that as the one they recommended was nearly twice as much.

Advertisement