If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home cinema set

Options
  • 28-11-2016 4:10pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking into getting a home cinema kit, is there any you'd recommend? I'd want something that works for gaming (xbox) and for tv / blu ray. Don't actually need a bluray player included.  Would you recommend a kit or buying seperate?

5.1 surround at least (or better) :) 

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

awec wrote: »
    Looking into getting a home cinema kit, is there any you'd recommend? I'd want something that works for gaming (xbox) and for tv / blu ray. Don't actually need a bluray player included.  Would you recommend a kit or buying seperate?

Also is there anything specific I should be taking into consideration when choosing?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Also is there anything specific I should be taking into consideration when choosing?
    Hi Awec.

I would always recommend going for separate units as it always gives better sound.

What sort of budget are you thinking as there are endless options.

Let me know a rough budget and I'll knock up a few systems and prices for you.

Hi Awec.

I would always recommend going for separate units as it always gives better sound.

I would say sub €500, but let me know if this is completely off track and unrealistic. :D

Bump. :) 

Hi Awec.

I would say sub €500, but let me know if this is completely off track and unrealistic. :D
    Hey Awec.

Apologies it seems we missed your post.

Fitting in with the 500 Euro budget you could look at the following:

Onkyo TXSR252 priced at 219.99 Euro.
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202150-txsr252.aspx

The Denon AVRX520 is also a cracking little amp for the money priced at 249.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201463-avrx520bt.aspx

Pair it with the Tannoy TXF 5.1 priced at 229.99 Euro (Includes speaker cable)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12034-tfx-51.aspx

Or the Denon SYS2020 5.1 pack priced at 249.99 Euro (Includes cables)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202313-deno-sys2020-blk.aspx

Let me know if any above might suit.

Any questions please let me know.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny.

How long are the cables for the speakers? 3m?

My back two would need to be longer than that, I'd say like 8m and 12m to run around the outside of the room. Do you sell the cables too?

And is there a max length that works before sound degrades significantly?

Thanks Kenny.

How long are the cables for the speakers? 3m?

My back two would need to be longer than that, I'd say like 8m and 12m to run around the outside of the room. Do you sell the cables too?

And is there a max length that works before sound degrades significantly?
    Hi Awec.

With the Tannoy TXF 5.1 pack it gives a 25m length which might do for the position of your rears.
    You could then buy extra cable for the fronts and centre.
    The Cambridge Symphony 100 priced at 99p per meter would do the job
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-900187-symphony-100.aspx

You would also require a sub link for connecting the sub at it seems the Tannoy pack does not come with one.
    Cambridge do a 7.5m one priced at £19.95
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-10538-aud100-75m-sub-cable.aspx

For the Denon Speakers come with a 30m length and also a 3m sublink cable.
    Again if extra needed the symphony 100 would suit these also.

Hopefully this is of help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.