Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assessment help

Options
  • 28-11-2016 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am totally new to the ASD world. My son (will be 4 next month) has been referred onto early intervention by a speech therapist with a query of Autism. I have been advised by them that in order to have his assessment done within the next few months I will need to go private. I'm struggling with finding a practice that has the space or actually does the assessments.

I am just a little worn from it all. I'm trying to still process the idea that my son has autism and then trying to figure out the system. It's a little like walking around in the dark blindfolded to boot.
    I have submitted his AON and I think I have done everything on the checklist in regards to trying to get him services so far but it seems that nothing will be done in regards to getting him any resource hours or therapies until I have that official diagnosis.
    Would anyone know of any good resources or clinics that might be able to get him assessed? We live in Limerick but I am happy to travel to get this done. I know it's pretty costly but for me making sure I'm getting what needs to be done for him is the most important.
    TIA!

Advertisement