Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

No issue with them delaying MP. This is a story led, single player game at its heart. It was a bonus that the MP was so good the last time but I would much prefer they targeted their resources on getting the main game as great as they can rather than spending them on a secondary issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Also, anyone notice how Ellie's scar seems to have got longer since the first game and that her right arm (where she got bit) is always shaking?

Aaaaah. Unfollow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Right lads I've watched too much already, I'll see you on release day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Yeah watering down the single player by throwing in some multiplayer that would just be an extension of the first one with a bunch of new maps with server issues would be the wrong decision.

By all accounts TLOU 2 is going to be another game changer for this console generation, and a large part of that is probably to do with the fact they took their time and made decisions like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Yeah watering down the single player by throwing in some multiplayer that would just be an extension of the first one with a bunch of new maps with server issues would be the wrong decision.

By all accounts TLOU 2 is going to be another game changer for this console generation, and a large part of that is probably to do with the fact they took their time and made decisions like this.

Personally I'm delighted there's no multi-player as i'm sick of company's thinking they need to have a multi-player mode in all there games. Good to see naughty dog deciding to focus of what they do best which is tell a superbly written story. Cant wait for this and the first game was amazing, those clickers freaked me out. wish more games had writing as good as TLOU

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Clickers - I shudder when I think about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Those dogs look like they will drive me insane, looks like you leave behind a scent and they follow it so you'll have to be constantly on the move

Played through Left Behind again (picked up the Survivor trophy since I was missing it) and even though I knew what happened, I still had my mouth wide open during the last few scenes. Now, onto possibly my last TLOU playthrough. Might actually play on Easy just to experience the story. I have a save point about half way through the game on Grounded but it actually kind of made me dislike the game so think I will give up on that.

Hopefully when it's on PS Plus Tuesday, people will try out or go back to the multiplayer. I'm determined to get those last 2 trophies before TLOU 2 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Greyfox wrote: »
    Personally I'm delighted there's no multi-player as i'm sick of company's thinking they need to have a multi-player mode in all there games. Good to see naughty dog deciding to focus of what they do best which is tell a superbly written story. Cant wait for this and the first game was amazing, those clickers freaked me out. wish more games had writing as good as TLOU

Agree with you 100%, never arsed with MP, I want all focus to be on the single player, never want this to become like games like COD were SP is an after thought. The replies to one of Naughty dogs tweets this week were almost exclusively people asking about MP. So it seems we are very much in the minority!

Just started yet another playthough of the first game. Never gets old!

• Advertisement

.G. wrote: »
    Agree with you 100%, never arsed with MP, I want all focus to be on the single player, never want this to become like games like COD were SP is an after thought. The replies to one of Naughty dogs tweets this week were almost exclusively people asking about MP. So it seems we are very much in the minority!

Just started yet another playthough of the first game. Never gets old!

It's just that the MP in TLOU 1 was soooo good and kept people playing long after the story was finished. Anyway, they say this is their biggest and longest game so hopefully we'll see Factions in some way or form by the time i finish the game.

https://twitter.com/Charalanahzard/status/1177447446412054531?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Was it just how I interpreted it or was Ellie raped in the trailer I saw???
    If so, fcyk me that's dark......

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

The banner for the game on GameStop's website now features an offer for 50% off the special edition when trading in a select game. Does anyone have any details about which games are valid?

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    The banner for the game on GameStop's website now features an offer for 50% off the special edition when trading in a select game. Does anyone have any details about which games are valid?

https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Zero-Cool wrote: »

One Piece World Seeker on the Xbox is probably the cheapest game on the list, €20 in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1177392945458286595

My only issue with the lack of Multiplayer is that they are saying it will not be part in the Last of Us part II but I know well it will be put into the game to release it on PS5.
    I'd worry that they want to release it separately free to play as the only criticism I have of the first game is that it had a lot of multiplayer microtransactions for a Sony game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Thar_Cian wrote: »

How do you know which games are covered in terms of pre-sales, as in you mention in the special edition, does it indicate somewhere that is covered? What about the Collectors addition? That would be a big saving (full price is 180).

Thanks.

mystic86 wrote: »
    How do you know which games are covered in terms of pre-sales, as in you mention in the special edition, does it indicate somewhere that is covered? What about the Collectors addition? That would be a big saving (full price is 180).

Thanks.

You probably get the same trade value as vs the SE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

I never Day 1 games as I cant justify the prices when they will be at least half that in a few months however TLOU is imo the best game ever made so it's an automatic day 1 for me. Havnt watched any trailers and dont intend to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I guess its time to play the first game.

• Advertisement

Man, what I'd give to experience this story for the first time again. On my 7th playthrough at the moment and it's as brilliant as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Man, what I'd give to experience this story for the first time again. On my 7th playthrough at the moment and it's as brilliant as ever.

Did you get the first one on release day, Zero?

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Did you get the first one on release day, Zero?

As far as i can remember anyway, yeah on ps3 and then again on ps4. I remember enjoying it so much more on ps4 playthrough even though i thought i wouldn't, i don't usually do multiple playthroughs on games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

The first game is the reason why I picked PS4 over Xbox One tbh. Unbelievable game.

Ordered the SE in GameStop earlier. Traded in a copy of Punch Line and bought a new copy of it for €13 from Base.

Just finished my final playthrough of TLOU, what a ****ing game! I forgot how tense it was, remembered more walking and chatting but it seemed to go from set piece to set piece, relentless but in a good way. Glad i played through it instead of a fresher in YouTube although 5 months out, will probably need it before release day.

In TLOU 2 news, i read an article today where a dev explained they have a heartbeat system in place. Ellie, allies, enemies, infected all have their own heartbeat. When it increases through running/combat, the characters will breath louder and start panting. Being more composed can make you harder to find and making enemies work harder looking for you will increase their noise levels. They said you it's enabled real cat and mouse scenarios. Sounds interesting but a lot of work than the usual 'character has been running for 5 seconds, start heavy breathing noise' code.

Advertisement