Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Nope, but is there any reason we would? Surely we shouldn't get that until tomorrow?

Usually drops around 10pm or so, along with a text if you entered your mobile details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Agreed about spoilers but I think i'll just unfollow, too many eejits around only too happy to spoil it for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

McDermotX wrote: »
    Collector's Edition just dropped in the door. Big oul box.
    Hopefully give it a run out tonight
    I'm waiting for the knock on the door. Already got my pre-order bonus code by email.

The waiting is the hardest part...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Forgot a really important question for Grumpy....

Are you playing on a Pro and if so, what's the fan noise like?

Whaaaaaaaatttttttttt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Vg247 Irish journo used the guitar mechanic to recreate the songs below. Fairly ****ing cool. Don't watch if you don't want to see the guitar playing in action.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Californication
    Soundgarden – Black Hole Sun
    Shawn James – Through the Valley
    Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here
    Chris Isaak – Wicked Game
    Jeff Buckley – Hallelujah
    The Cranberries – Zombie
    Radiohead – Creep
    Bob Marley – Redemption Song
    The White Stripes – Seven Nation Army

Whaaaaaaaatttttttttt?

The latest post on gaming humour sums it up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

Popped into smyths... I have a pre order for tomorrow... the guy said. If its pre ordered you dont have to wait for a text message before you can pick it up. Just pop in and your copy will be there whatever time suits...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Popped into smyths... I have a pre order for tomorrow... the guy said. If its pre ordered you dont have to wait for a text message before you can pick it up. Just pop in and your copy will be there whatever time suits...

Did he say if there was any chance of getting it this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

Did he say if there was any chance of getting it this evening?

Lol wish he did... said tomorrow I'm afraid.

Also just a heads up. Dont turn on youtube radbrad and the likes have the walkthrough up already

• Advertisement

Tidy. Will be fun to give this a go. :cool:

So you were up all night playing, must have gotten a good bit into the story?

Nope, trying to play My Lovely Horse on the guitar. GOTY.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Lol wish he did... said tomorrow I'm afraid.

Also just a heads up. Dont turn on youtube radbrad and the likes have the walkthrough up already

It would be just like me having avoided all the spoilers for months to watch a walkthrough hours before it releases

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Vg247 Irish journo used the guitar mechanic to recreate the songs below. Fairly ****ing cool. Don't watch if you don't want to see the guitar playing in action.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Californication
    Soundgarden – Black Hole Sun
    Shawn James – Through the Valley
    Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here
    Chris Isaak – Wicked Game
    Jeff Buckley – Hallelujah
    The Cranberries – Zombie
    Radiohead – Creep
    Bob Marley – Redemption Song
    The White Stripes – Seven Nation Army

Spoiler. I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I've avoided all spoilers and my Indonesian copy unlocks in 16 minutes. Time to get busy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Are Argos stocking this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

.G. wrote: »
    I've avoided all spoilers and my Indonesian copy unlocks in 16 minutes. Time to get busy!
    You lucky thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Is the tracking working for anyone who preordered from Smyths?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

.G. wrote: »

I thought it unlocked at 6. Oh well, here I go too

You can deactivate the preorder bonus too if you want. Just starting on Hard difficulty

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

No email from Smyths but money been taken from my account by them so presumably I won’t be disappointed tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Money taken from my account as well this evening so looking forward to picking up the game tomorrow!

I see that you can customize the difficulty like in Shadow of The Tomb Raider. You can change Player, enemies, allies, stealth and resources difficulty independent of each other

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Review is up if anyone is interested. We discussed it a lot and are more or less on the same page.

Tldr, we liked it :) but much like the first there were areas that could have been better. But they weren't enough to take away from it overall brilliance.

Spoilers are at a minimum. It is mainly game mechanics, and the broader overall theme, but don't read if you want to keep totally fresh.

http://www.bone-idle.ie/the-last-of-us-2-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

RedRochey wrote: »
    Is the tracking working for anyone who preordered from Smyths?
    Mine's not working either. Apparently it doesn't update until it's collected by their delivery partners?
    Doesn't bode well for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Aight, ready to binge the game this weekend come midnight!

Review is up if anyone is interested. We discussed it a lot and are more or less on the same page.

Tldr, we liked it :) but much like the first there were areas that could have been better. But they weren't enough to take away from it overall brilliance.

Spoilers are at a minimum. It is mainly game mechanics, and the broader overall theme, but don't read if you want to keep totally fresh.

http://www.bone-idle.ie/the-last-of-us-2-review/

That's a great review man!

Really like the sound of the below.

"Enemies also seem to live in the world, you never get that feeling of entering a space seeing five waist-high concrete walls and just knowing you will have to face off against waves of enemies. This is probably the best improvement"

Ok, warning everyone now: This review has character spoilers, period, as in character reactions. Not minor, not minimum...spoilers.

It is possible to review this game without spoilers, we've seen proof of this with SkillUp, IGN etc.

I feel the opposite on that. Bone-Idle review's discussion of characters seemed to be where they stood when tlou 1 ended and i had to stop watching skillup because the video showing gameplay was more of a spoiler to me. After reading BI review, i don't know anything more about characters or story than i already did from tlou 1 and official tlou 2 trailers.

Advertisement