Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looking at the countdown clock on the ps4 and underneath 'eoin_mclovin is now playing' way to rub it in Sony!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well I'll leave this thread until I play it at some point in the future.
    Hope you all enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Money taken from my account as well this evening so looking forward to picking up the game tomorrow!

Got an email there at 21:13 to say mine was ready for pickup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Just about an hour now til I can go on for a "quick" game. Sure I'm off work tomorrow anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ok, warning everyone now: This review has character spoilers, period, as in character reactions. Not minor, not minimum...spoilers.

It is possible to review this game without spoilers, we've seen proof of this with SkillUp, IGN etc.

The only character elements in the whole review are from the end of the first game.

The only thing about 2 is that Dina is a great character

• Advertisement

The only character elements in the whole review are from the end of the first game.

The only thing about 2 is that Dina is a great character

I was really glad to hear ye liked Dina, I'm a big fan of her VA Shannon Woodward.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ok, warning everyone now: This review has character spoilers, period, as in character reactions. Not minor, not minimum...spoilers.

It is possible to review this game without spoilers, we've seen proof of this with SkillUp, IGN etc.

I think you must have read a different review. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Any dlc for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Looking at the countdown clock on the ps4 and underneath 'eoin_mclovin is now playing' way to rub it in Sony!
    He's a lucky lad. Getting it while on holiday in Indonesia ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    He's a lucky lad. Getting it while on holiday in Indonesia ;)

Yeah I go there alot along with the odd time in Turkey :)
    But seriously, people are missing out on the great savings buying from Indonesia or Turkey. I see that the Deluxe edition for Marvels Avengers is going for 48 on Turkey store while it's 90 on the Irish store

• Advertisement

Yeah I go there alot along with the odd time in Turkey :)

Thoughts so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Thoughts so far?

Lot more exploring and even melee combat is alot different. You can also stealth kill a clicker with a knife, no more shivs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

How much was the Collectors Edition?

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    How much was the Collectors Edition?
    €180

And here we go. Enjoy digital owners (who bought from the Irish store).

I'm going to play this with my PlayStation headset for added tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

50 mins in. No shortage of talking. Better not be a 10 hr complete time. Enjoyable but not what I expected for an already established series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

One of the very first things I did was turn motion blur all the way to zero. I've no idea why it's on by default. Every time you pan the camera with it on can barely see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    One of the very first things I did was turn motion blur all the way to zero. I've no idea why it's on by default. Every time you pan the camera with it on can barely see anything.

Didn't notice any of that so far. Are you on a pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Didn't notice any of that so far. Are you on a pro?

No ps4 slim. It was just inside buildings I found it really annoying. Far better without it on I think.

• Advertisement

Just over an hour and i love it, the facial animations are incredible. Totally absorbed into the characters so far. The guy at the start with the dog and guitar, Jesus, what a cameo :D

I have motion blur as well but i figured it was because i enabled HDR (playing on pro), must look for a setting to turn it off.

They somehow managed to make the runners even scarier, actually feel like 28 days later infected realism the way they move.

My ps4 fans were going crazy as assumed but the headphones helped even though the audio cuts out for a split second every now and again which is annoying but i think a headset issue and not a game issue.

Calling it a night but could easily stay up playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Well after about 45 mins of playing through cutscenes I finally finished it, figure I got the best ending too -
    I let Abby get eaten by the first infected she met. Everyone's safe, my work is done, roll on number 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    €180

Yeah **** the scalpers so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Having played through the first 2/2.5 hours - basically an extended prologue - I feel a serious amount of sympathy for the reviewers who had to try to talk about this without being allowed to mention the bloomin’ inciting incident of the plot. Corporate spoiler-phobia is very silly when it prevents critics from doing their basic jobs.

Anyway: it’s a Naughty Dog game. Stunning / god-tier technical showcase (without forgetting the human cost of that level of polish), brilliant acting, polished but rote gameplay. Far too early to say much more of substance about it, other than it’s a good solid opening that sets up an intriguing basic premise. Whether it can follow through, I’ll tell you in two dozen hours ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭redmond08

Just reserved mine in Argos, can't wait to play this later! They also have a Last of Us 2 headset & Controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Everyone enjoy!
    I hope I've my copy from Smith's today!
    I'm not hopeful.

Turns out Ashly Burch is in this as new character
    Mel
    . I haven't met them yet but now looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My initial impressions were that I kinda wished they hadn't made a sequel and left the story and characters where it was. Half hour later all I can think of is Ellie and helping her survive.
    real life fades to black.

Advertisement