Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭bren2001

coolisin wrote: »
    Everyone enjoy!
    I hope I've my copy from Smith's today!
    I'm not hopeful.

Just handed my copy from Smyth's by the postman.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Having played through the first 2/2.5 hours - basically an extended prologue - I feel a serious amount of sympathy for the reviewers who had to try to talk about this without being allowed to mention the bloomin’ inciting incident of the plot. Corporate spoiler-phobia is very silly when it prevents critics from doing their basic jobs.

Anyway: it’s a Naughty Dog game. Stunning / god-tier technical showcase (without forgetting the human cost of that level of polish), brilliant acting, polished but rote gameplay. Far too early to say much more of substance about it, other than it’s a good solid opening that sets up an intriguing basic premise. Whether it can follow through, I’ll tell you in two dozen hours ;)

That's a good sign. I found the first 2 or so hours the weakest when compared to the next 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

bren2001 wrote: »

Hopefully I'll be as lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Well after about 45 mins of playing through cutscenes I finally finished it, figure I got the best ending too -
    I let Abby get eaten by the first infected she met. Everyone's safe, my work is done, roll on number 3

You finished it??

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

coolisin wrote: »
    Hopefully I'll be as lucky

Hopefully the same aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

Anyone get their preorder from Gamestop yet? Mines been in Dublin since Wednesday night...Seriously tempted to just go down to Smyths after work and pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

shawki wrote: »
    Anyone get their preorder from Gamestop yet? Mines been in Dublin since Wednesday night...Seriously tempted to just go down to Smyths after work and pick it up.
    I'm still waiting. Looks like I'll have the Last of Us controller I ordered from Amazon before I have the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Gun_Slinger

shawki wrote: »

I got mine yesterday morning in the post from Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

bren2001 wrote: »

Oh it comes by post? I thought it was by courier

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Keep an eye out in one of the buildings early on in the game for a really cool Naughty Dog Easter Egg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Pre ordered from amazon hoping to get it by Monday at latest. Just got an order update its delayed because it was delivered to the wrong sorting facility lol. Looks like it won't be here until weds now. Looks like I'll have to goto smyths

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Keep an eye out in one of the buildings early on in the game for a really cool Naughty Dog Easter Egg

Thanks for narrowing the location down! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Pre ordered from amazon hoping to get it by Monday at latest. Just got an order update its delayed because it was delivered to the wrong sorting facility lol. Looks like it won't be here until weds now. Looks like I'll have to goto smyths

LOL just checked smyths website only place out of stock is Navan its like I'm not ment to play it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Thanks for narrowing the location down! :pac:

I didn't want to give much away. One clue is that it's where you find the first work bench

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I won't say how far I am in the game but I will say this is the first time a video game has made me lose my appetite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Zero queue in GS Stephen's Green at the mo. Now to get home and load this beauty up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Storyline is the drizzling ****s. Clearly made for the "woke" generation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ricero wrote: »

And have you actually played it?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Hopefully the same aswell.

No sign of it yet anyway , they are not usually this late say it will be monday for me , shame was looking forward to cracking into this over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Got my Smyths toys delivery. Tracking didn't update at all for anyone in the same boat, but it got here all the same 🎉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    And have you actually played it?

That lad's a Trump-loving ****-poster. He'd be afraid of developing ovaries if he even touched the cover of it.

ricero wrote: »

Oh you're edgy mate

I was one of the "story might not be for me" not going to get it brigade.

Thankfully my 19 year old nephew has bought it today and is away until next Thursday.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Don't tell me they are allowing dem wimmins in our games now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dayjur

ok I was wrong if you loved 1 like me you wont like this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Dayjur wrote: »
    ok I was wrong if you loved 1 like me you wont like this

Funny that, I loved 1 myself and am enjoying this so far. But based on your sweeping statement, I guess I should look for a refund.

Lol wish he did... said tomorrow I'm afraid.

Also just a heads up. Dont turn on youtube radbrad and the likes have the walkthrough up already

I can't stress this statement enough. If you follow either TheRadBrad or FightinCowboy, I'd suggest unsubbing until you beat the game. These lads often put major spoilers in the title of their videos. I dunno why they do this, but I had to unsub from both to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I can't stress this statement enough. If you follow either TheRadBrad or FightinCowboy, I'd suggest unsubbing until you beat the game. These lads often put major spoilers in the title of their videos. I dunno why they do this, but I had to unsub from both to be safe

I saw a major spoiler in the title of a video just looking on Youtube for the recent True Faith Ad to show the daughter. I'd kind of guessed it was going to happen in the game so not majorly pissed off but avoid Youtube at all costs if you want nothing spoiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Really liking it so far.
    The graphics and animations are fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishJedi75

It’s amazing that there are people here so gullible to actually believe the positive reviews given Naughty dog and Neil Druckmans behavior that is well publicized by the youtubers and websites that they tried to silence.

I won’t be getting the game
    as I don’t want a golf simulator 😉

Advertisement