Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I won’t be getting the game

Grand so, you have absolutely nothing worthwhile to say about how it actually plays then.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

It’s amazing that there are people here so gullible to actually believe the positive reviews given Naughty dog and Neil Druckmans behavior that is well publicized by the youtubers and websites that they tried to silence.

as I don’t want a golf simulator ��
    I don't 'believe' reviewers. I listen to their critique and then I play the game. I'm playing the game right now and I think it's excellent and from a gameplay perspective far better than the first game. I won't discuss story as there's no point in spoiling it for anyone.

You however by your own admission haven't played the game and you really don't know what you're talking about. But hey, if posting like this on message boards makes you feel better about yourself then keep on truckin'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Can you turn off that annoying voice over in the menus. Wrecking my head and I haven't even started the game ha

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It’s amazing that there are people here so gullible to actually believe the positive reviews given Naughty dog and Neil Druckmans behavior that is well publicized by the youtubers and websites that they tried to silence.

as I don’t want a golf simulator 😉

I think I'm ok taking advice from the professional reviewers I trust and not listen to the ranting incels on YouTube with no moral integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Can you turn off that annoying voice over in the menus. Wrecking my head and I haven't even started the game ha

Did you adjust the text-to-speech accessibility option at the start? I don't have a voice over

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Also, having now seen in context the single, early game scene that made so many furious YouTubers and forum warriors so extra furious... I can confidently state the whole ‘controversy’ was even stupider and more hyperbolic than I’d imagined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

shrewdness wrote:
    Did you adjust the text-to-speech accessibility option at the start? I don't have a voice over

Got sorted must have left it on initially. Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also, having now seen in context the single, early game scene that made so many furious YouTubers and forum warriors so extra furious... I can confidently state the whole ‘controversy’ was even stupider and more hyperbolic than I’d imagined.

I'd just like to reiterate:
    bigot

/ˈbɪɡət/

noun

noun: bigot; plural noun: bigots

a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

And I won't even go into issues with artistic integrity and freedom of speech that these dopes contradict, even if it didn't work within the context of the story (which it doesn't, it very much fits the tone and narrative).

As I said, when people get to that point they will be scratching their heads wondering why all the fuss over it. For the answer refer to the quoted text.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm about six hours in and must have missed what everyone is so annoyed about or maybe I just don't have a clue what's going on in the world.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm about six hours in and must have missed what everyone is so annoyed about or maybe I just don't have a clue what's going on in the world.
    What happens in the lodge, to keep it vague. It’s one thing to not like it as a plot beat, but to spend weeks ranting about it online is beyond baffling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I have to laugh at those who come into the thread JUST to make it crystal clear they aren't buying the game, just in case we were wondering whether or not they would.

My mind is clear and the world now has meaning, now that they've let me know they won't be buying it... oh, and that the story is "the drizzling shíts".

I feel much more at peace within my inner being and that God always had a watchful eye on me.

The birds are singing and the wind is blowing gracefully.

I really am at peace with the world now that we know these lads hate The Last of Us 2 and will not be buying it.

Thank you. Thank you so much.

Oh and lads, be sure to pop in and let everyone know how your dinner was and whether or not it's worth buying angus beef burgers over chicken fillets with your chips. Make sure we know first hand if you plan on buying the red coloured paint for your wall and not the deep blue one.

Make sure to tell us if your shíte smells of lavender as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

shrewdness wrote: »

Yeah, I'd say this is it, text to speech has to be turned off at the very first menu when you start up the game but you can turn it off in accessibility options will.

I keep staring at freshly killed enemies in the snow. The red on white is incredible, as creepy as that sounds.

gimli2112 wrote: »

That's the best way to be. Enjoy things yourself and don't let anything or anyone else sway your judgment

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I have to laugh at those who come into the thread JUST to make it crystal clear they aren't buying the game, just in case we were wondering whether or not they would.

My mind is clear and the world now has meaning, now that they've let me know they won't be buying it... oh, and that the story is "the drizzling shíts".

I feel much more at peace within my inner being and that God always had a watchful eye on me.

The birds are singing and the wind is blowing gracefully.

I really am at peace with the world now that we know these lads hate The Last of Us 2 and will not be buying it.

Thank you. Thank you so much.

Oh and lads, be sure to pop in and let everyone know how your dinner was and whether or not it's worth buying angus beef burgers over chicken fillets with your chips. Make sure we know first hand if you plan on buying the red coloured paint for your wall and not the deep blue one.

Make sure to tell us if your shíte smells of lavender as well.

You sound deranged.

J. Marston wrote: »
    You sound deranged.

I know. It's the game. It's done something to me. xD

Or maybe I'm trying to scare off the haters. Take one look at my post and they'll say "nah not worth it. I'm gone"

I'm contributing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I'd like to thank Chris_Heilong and his rant about this being worst case of Anti Straight, anti Male, anti Christian feminist far left propaganda he had ever heard of. It inspired me to rereg to tell him I was going to preorder based on his rant and I ended up following this thread over the last couple of weeks with anticipation and excitement growing over the last couple of weeks. Got my copy from Smyths at lunchtime and can't wait to get stuck into tonight after work.

Woohoo! Thanks Chris!!!

I'd like to thank Chris_Heilong and his rant about this being worst case of Anti Straight, anti Male, anti Christian feminist far left propaganda he had ever heard of. It inspired me to rereg to tell him I was going to preorder based on his rant and I ended up following this thread over the last couple of weeks with anticipation and excitement growing over the last couple of weeks. Got my copy from Smyths at lunchtime and can't wait to get stuck into tonight after work.

Woohoo! Thanks Chris!!!

I guess any feedback is good exposure. It's like GTA 3. All the outrage only made the game more popular.

Druckmann already said that despite the hate-fest the game recieved after the leaks the sales of the game were never hurt.

I have to wonder how many people who boycotted it ended up preordering and buying it anyway.

And I wonder how many of them will say "I got the game for free" only to have a platinum trophy after a week or two of playing it nonstop.

People make me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd just like to reiterate:

And I won't even go into issues with artistic integrity and freedom of speech that these dopes contradict, even if it didn't work within the context of the story (which it doesn't, it very much fits the tone and narrative).

As I said, when people get to that point they will be scratching their heads wondering why all the fuss over it. For the answer refer to the quoted text.
    Is this not a problem on both sides? A lot are intolerant of the other board members issues with the game and some on here want them to shut up and go away simply for having a differing opinion to theirs.
    Me personally I prefer to hear both sides of a story before making a decision.
    I wont buy the game as the story doesn't suit my interests in this game with feeling connected to both main characters. (I loved the story of the first game and its expansion and was hoping for a natural expansion to this which the early last of us 2 trailers were alluding too). I do I believe it will be something others will really enjoy though and it would be childish to judge others for liking the game just like it would be to judge for not liking the game.
    I believe ND have the right to make whatever game they want, especially as it their money they invest along with their blood/sweat and tears. But I also believe its someones right to be lose interest in a game based on decisions made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I guess any feedback is good exposure. It's like GTA 3. All the outrage only made the game more popular.

Druckmann already said that despite the hate-fest the game recieved after the leaks the sales of the game were never hurt.

I have to wonder how many people who boycotted it ended up preordering and buying it anyway.

And I wonder how many of them will say "I got the game for free" only to have a platinum trophy after a week or two of playing it nonstop.

People make me laugh.
    The Quartering (a Youtuber) seems to be one such person. He's made a lot of videos on it and looks to be swaying on getting it now. I'd expect to see him playing it any day now.

deceit wrote: »
    The Quartering (a Youtuber) seems to be one such person. He's made a lot of videos on it and looks to be swaying on getting it now. I'd expect to see him playing it any day now.

The Quartering is a hypocrite! Get out of here!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The Quartering is a hypocrite! Get out of here!:eek:
    Any chance we can get his name put into the swear filter so it comes out as T** Q********g?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

You finished it??

Sorry, no it was a joke (in the spoiler text).

I ended up playing through just over an hour last night. It looks and sounds stunning, the voice acting and script behind it are again superb. But while I hope it will even out spending so much time essentially participating in an extended setup cut scene was starting to get on my nerves. Still, looking forward to getting back to it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The Last of us part 1 seems like Paw Patrol in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Downtown Diner...
    Usually I'm indifferent to jump scares, but JESUS ****ING CHRIST I jolted hard when entering the toilet!!! My heart! >_<;

People make me laugh.

I'd kinda be in that camp. I didn't like what I heard about it.

I didn't get it for free but I certainly am happy to be playing my nephew's. Have to say, I'm about half an hour in and I am pleasantly surprised so far.

Visuals are stunning and controls are tight. Very talky so far but that's to be expected. Not coming across too "woke" so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Downtown Diner...
    Usually I'm indifferent to jump scares, but JESUS ****ING CHRIST I jolted hard when entering the toilet!!! My heart! >_<;

Make sure to collect the key there as it leads to handy upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

played about 2 and a half hours and am in awe of it so far. the graphics and facial animation / Voiceovers are outstanding. I can already tell it's probably going to be the best game I've ever played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I'm about three hours in and just wondering if all the outrage and leaks were regarding
    what happens in the lodge solely or other stuff later as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Where’s the cheapest place to pick this up? I’ve a week off work and was thinking this would be a good time filler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Where’s the cheapest place to pick this up? I’ve a week off work and was thinking this would be a good time filler.

€60 in Smyths at the moment.

Advertisement