Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

interesting video here released back in April.
    basically load of programmers quit.

It's like listening to the racist idiot in the pub saying I'm not racist but....

I'm not transphobic/homophobic/sexist/racist I just think the story is bad.........

As usual with these guys they are completely wrong. They just make these videos because they get views as they agree with the world view of the people watching them.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anybody's smyth's order not show up?

Debating on buying it digitally and returning it will there be any hassle returning it to nearest store?

Usually they quite good with delivery bit disappointed with it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Has anyone else being listening to a lot more Indigo Girls and KD Lang since playing the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Has anyone else being listening to a lot more Indigo Girls and KD Lang since playing the game?
    The first thing I thought about when you mentioned KD Lang was Constant Craving.

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    The first thing I thought about when you mentioned KD Lang was Constant Craving.

I do have a constant craving now. A craving to wear check shirts, get a spiky haircut and visit Muff.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

Anybody's smyth's order not show up?

Debating on buying it digitally and returning it will there be any hassle returning it to nearest store?

Usually they quite good with delivery bit disappointed with it tbh.

Mine was a no show Friday, after the post man cruised by the house I went to argos to pick it up, the Smyths one will be going back

Did anybody 'accidentally' click on The Last of Us 2 spoilers thread? Well I ****ing have and I saw something which I didn't want to. Just ****ing kill me now :mad:

Did anybody 'accidentally' click on The Last of Us 2 spoilers thread? Well I ****ing have and I saw something which I didn't want to. Just ****ing kill me now :mad:

Why, how far are you into the game?

Why, how far are you into the game?

I'm browsing on mobile and the first last of us thread I clicked on was the spoilers one (as that thread was higher up than this) My game only arrived today and saw a major spoiler even before I started the game. I only have myself to blame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Davy05

Can anybody tell me in spoiler tags how many skill tree manuals there are in the game to find? I have lots of skill points built up but i know you can't max out every skill tree, so i wanna know if i should use them now or wait for better skills to become available

I'm browsing on mobile and the first last of us thread I clicked on was the spoilers one (as that thread was higher up than this) My game only arrived today and saw a major spoiler even before I started the game. I only have myself to blame.

If its the major spoiler from the beginning, I got that spoiled on me on the Thursday going on to Youtube to show my daughter the True Faith ad and some prick had already posted a video with the spoiler as the title of the video. Tbh, I kind of knew it was going to happen and it happens so early in the game that it doesn't really spoil much in the grand scheme of the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

┳┻|
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻|
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻|
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻| _
    ┻┳| •.•) That ‘spoiler’ should’ve been in the trailers
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I think I'm halfway through the game now. I've just finished the Location
    Aquarium and subsequent flashback
    section.
    Not sure I like where the game is going in terms of giving Abby's version of the past few days in Seattle. I wanted to continue on with Ellie but seems I won't be doing that for a while since Abby has her own skill trees.

I get that they're trying to compare how both her and Ellie are similar in wanting revenge but I had a whole previous game to get attached to Ellie and Joel so I don't really care that Abby is justified because her father was the doctor. I'm still rooting for Ellie to kill her. Maybe that'll change once I see her side though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Spoilers for first 3 or so hours.
    So Joel just got beaten to death with a golf club. Most figured that death was coming when they saw Ellie's reaction in the trailer that it was Joel she was looking at. I'm kinda glad it was early in the game.
    I think I ran into every possible dead end before then when fleeing from the runners with Abby before you meet Joel and Tommy. It just wasn't clear where I was running at times, maybe that's just me.
    Just going to Joel's house before going after his killers.

I assume the game will be opening up more from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Finished an hour ago. Trophy indicated only 7.4% of people have finished it. There must be something wrong with me, haha. Still though, with this type of story driven game, I often have an urge to just 'drive on' and finish it.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I think I'm halfway through the game now. I've just finished the Location
    Aquarium and subsequent flashback
    section.
    Not sure I like where the game is going in terms of giving Abby's version of the past few days in Seattle. I wanted to continue on with Ellie but seems I won't be doing that for a while since Abby has her own skill trees.

I get that they're trying to compare how both her and Ellie are similar in wanting revenge but I had a whole previous game to get attached to Ellie and Joel so I don't really care that Abby is justified because her father was the doctor. I'm still rooting for Ellie to kill her. Maybe that'll change once I see her side though.
    I ended up liking Abby a lot more than Ellie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Well that was fairly crap. :(
    Just finished it, f**k off Abby.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Davy05

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Well that was fairly crap. :( Just finished it, f**k off Abby.

How about you spoiler tag that pal yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Davy05 wrote: »
    How about you spoiler tag that pal yeah

How is Abby a spoiler?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Who got stuck on that safe code with the
    calendar
    ? Like, how the hell was I supposed to figure that out?? Am I just dumb? It was the only one where I had to look up what it was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’ve discovered a few scripted
    ambushes / surprise attacks, human and infected
    in the course of exploration - most surprising one so far when
    I just tried to use a workbench
    . Definitely the most rewarding bit of digging around, as you usually get a good bunch of stuff and the best rewards (new upgrade tree or holster) for your trouble, as well as a fun mini set piece.

Shame most buildings are just endless scissors, bottles and bricks I can’t carry :pac:

• Tailor the difficulty if you are finding too many items.

You can custom adjust the amount of resources you find.

I’ve discovered a few scripted
    ambushes / surprise attacks, human and infected
    in the course of exploration - most surprising one so far when
    I just tried to use a workbench
    . Definitely the most rewarding bit of digging around, as you usually get a good bunch of stuff and the best rewards (new upgrade tree or holster) for your trouble, as well as a fun mini set piece.

Shame most buildings are just endless scissors, bottles and bricks I can’t carry :pac:
    those footsteps coming scared the life out of me. Had my head phones on so you could really hear it. Panic hitting O to back out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I just saw someone say "spoiler tag that thing" but thankfully did not see the spoiler itself. Probably best not to quote the post that has the spoiler if it hasn't been spoiler tagged.........

Cheers for this tip as I stumbled into a room with a safe I had not found the code for and remembered your post and it worked. Of course I later found the code in another building across from it lol.

Got to the part where the game first goes full Uncharted and if you have played Uncharted you know what part I'm talking about. It was goofy and the first time where it became hard to suspend disbelief. I had about 3 rounds left in my pistol prior to the set piece and then suddenly had endless ammo. :D

The human enemies do keep you on your toes. There came a moment where even I who likes to pick a place clean before leaving just said "f--- it" and ran for my life as they all converged on me.

Anyone think the game deliberately makes you miss shots in order to appear cinematic when you're spotted though? That or something about the shooting is off. I've fully maxed out one of my pistols and it still doesn't quite feel right. Admittedly, I haven't bought the upgrade that improves aiming but that's because I don't need it....I know my shots are on point so not sure why they're not registering.

Also not seeing where all the squeamishness is coming from re: killing human enemies. The way I see it it's me against them and the killing is not that brutal anyway. OK so they call each other's names. And? They're bad people. I feel bad for the dogs but that's it.

I appreciate that in moments where you are alone that the game does not overwhelm you with a big map. A huge open world to explore is fine when you have a companion you can talk to but would be boring AF solo. I hope that continues... I enjoy reading some of the notes left behind by survivors, and those that didn't survive. There's a sequence with infected around a garage that if you read the full story of how they got there will make you so mad. What an evil pr*ck.

Oh, and the trailers are very misleading by the way...

Really not a fan of how Naughty Dog structures combat in their games. It's just too much. Gets frustrating and I find it really pulls me out of the immersion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Now I remember. I knew I'd seen this game somewhere before:

ukrayNlh.jpg

Tailor the difficulty if you are finding too many items.

You can custom adjust the amount of resources you find.

I played on 'normal'. I only had to tailor the difficulty at one point -
    fighting the Rat King in the hospital underground
    , which I found hugely stressful. I didn't know if I was supposed to run, or fight. My instinct was to run, which seemed to be encouraged by the game if'n you were under duress. In the end, there was no choice, I had to fight.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I played on 'normal'. I only had to tailor the difficulty at one point -
    fighting the Rat King in the hospital underground
    , which I found hugely stressful. I didn't know if I was supposed to run, or fight. My instinct was to run, which seemed to be encouraged by the game if'n you were under duress. In the end, there was no choice, I had to fight.

I loved that whole part. Reminded me of Ripley in Aliens.

Advertisement