Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Maaaaann that was tense, ****ing class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wonder who the hanging woman is? No tattoo and unless Ellie has been hitting the weights, it isn't her.

No more trailers for me. Don't want anything spoiled. I cannot wait for this game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

That was dark
    J. Marston wrote: »
    Wonder who the hanging woman is? No tattoo and unless Ellie has been hitting the weights, it isn't her.

Possibly her mother?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote:

At first I thought it was tomb raider & that was a buff Lara :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Holy F*ck! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Inviere

This game is going to be an all time great. ND really do know how to make a video game.

Polygon quick off the mark to criticize the violence against women ffs
    https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/30/16571230/last-of-us-part-2-trailer-violence-women

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Best not to click the link and support that ****e.

It wasn't even the most controversial thing in a trailer during the press conference :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There must be a serious market in being perpetually offended at stuff.
    ERG89 wrote: »
    It wasn't even the most controversial thing in a trailer during the press conference :rolleyes:

What was more controversial?

(Not that I think the TLOU2 trailer was controversial)

J. Marston wrote:
    What was more controversial?

Well I was more surprised at the tone of the Detroit Become Human trailer than the LOU2 trailer. With the whole abusive parent tone that I got from the trailer.
    Imo neither overstepped the mark though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Inviere

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/30/16571230/last-of-us-part-2-trailer-violence-women

Best to starve that nonsense of oxygen really. It's a game marketed at adults, and while yes, the trailer was intense, uncomfortable, and shocking, it was also gripping, exciting, and incredibly effective at promoting interest in the game. Was it all of these things because the violence was aimed towards the girls in the trailer? Absolutely not. It would have had the EXACT same effect had it have been two boys about to be killed, but ultimately saved by a girl. That's what I'd consider a grown up, mature response to the trailer though.

• What a great way to introduce new characters. Excite much

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

What I got from the trailer was how f*cking badass the women in it were. Awesome trailer and a genius move to not have Joel or Ellie in it. Excited to learn about new characters and retain suspense for Joel & Ellie's story for a while longer. And the graphics in the trailer were insane. Naughty Dog just keep getting better and better.

• Great video here and some well thought out theories, but be aware this could be considered spoiler

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I spent the whole game worrying that Joel and / or Ellie weren't going to make it. Not looking forward to that again. Trailer was awesome, I kind of skipped through it not to spoil it but also wanting to see how it ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Holy shíte that trailer looks amazing! :eek:

I've read that it'll be late 2018 or early 2019 before the game will be released... seems so far away from now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Holy shíte that trailer looks amazing! :eek:

I've read that it'll be late 2018 or early 2019 before the game will be released... seems so far away from now!

It's hard to know how far in they are but given that all we've seen is cut scenes so far you would think 2018 is a touch optimistic. I'll take a guess that they might aim for 2019 but could see it pushed back to Xmas 19 or into Spring 2020.

No chance 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

RasTa wrote: »
    No chance 2020

Ya, could be the swansong for the PS4 just like how the original was for the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Ya, could be the swansong for the PS4 just like how the original was for the PS3.

PS3 in 2013 was 7 years old

PS4 in 2020 will be 7 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭brevity

Push it out another year so I might actually have enough saved to be able to afford the set-up required to play this properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Penn wrote: »
    What I got from the trailer was how f*cking badass the women in it were. Awesome trailer and a genius move to not have Joel or Ellie in it. Excited to learn about new characters and retain suspense for Joel & Ellie's story for a while longer. And the graphics in the trailer were insane. Naughty Dog just keep getting better and better.

Have to agree 100%. I loved the balls it took to release such a blatantly uncomfortable trailer. It sold the idea of a very dangerous world. I don't want to bring out the old ' mankind is our worst enemy' cliché but it sold that idea very, very well.There's a gaming podcast that I've loved listening to for a long time ( 2 of the lads from the old GRUK team) but I lost a lot of respect for the hosts when they gave the trailer an absolute kicking, stating that the violence was disgusting and that it did absolutely nothing to promote the game out of context. They were very close to jumping on the populist bandwagon with the whole 'promotion of domestic violence against women' nonsense too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's hackneyed and utterly boring to use violence against women to sell computer games and I expected more from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Shiminay wrote: »
    It's hackneyed and utterly boring to use violence against women to sell computer games and I expected more from them.
    This is the double edged sword of we need more women as characters in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It would have been pretty gruesome violence irrespective of which gender was involved. Please don't turn it into one of those arguments.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I respectfully disagree, I think it's lazy and unimaginative writing.

Advertisement