Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

HE-MAN [spoiler/]

This has to be it

Penn wrote: »
    I think he's replying on mobile. No spoiler button at all. Have to type out the spoiler tags fully.

Yeah. I'm on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

HE-MAN [spoiler/]

This has to be it

put the / before spoiler instead of after and you're good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I think he's replying on mobile. No spoiler button at all. Have to type out the spoiler tags fully.

I just save the spoiler, youtube and url open and closing tags as shortcuts using SwiftKey keyboard so when using mobile I can easily add tags

I just save the spoiler, youtube and url open and closing tags as shortcuts using SwiftKey keyboard so when using mobile I can easily add tags
    ah here now, slow down posty

Folks I'm very grateful for the help. Big shout out to Penn. The
    wizkid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

So Abby is basically Sarah Connor. There was a moment in the forest when she retrieved her gun
    which was full on 80s action shot. It looked badass. :D
    On seattle day 2 now with Abby. I wonder if this was what all the grumbling about the second half was about. I do miss Ellie and
    I am about ready for the game to end now as I really want to see the conclusion of this.

It's just too big and therefore too long.

I got that 80's vibe through out too.
    There is a Abby hospital scene that gave me serious Ellen Ripley from Aliens vibes. There is a later one with Ellie that I got Sarah Conor vibes. With white vest to boot :)

That's the odd thing, you always get those guys who say it is an sjw game and why not have strong female leads like either of the above. Naughty Dog made a great game with strong female leads just like they wanted but still they cling to the it's too woke ****e.

It's almost like they were using it as an excuse to mask some "isim "

Ok so this is where I am in game.
    day 3 abby.

Have I much left?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

you're where I am. I reckon we're close to the end.

the spoiler saga here was as stressful as a boss fight

gimli2112 wrote: »
    you're where I am. I reckon we're close to the end.

the spoiler saga here was as stressful as a boss fight
    hill Crest and a few areas I didnt have the bottle to go into had underground areas which I'm sure are another path to playthrough did you cover them when playing ellie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah I'm pretty sure I got into everywhere I could. It's possible I missed a collectible maybe a playercard or two. On my next run I'll just enable the advanced hearing that pinpoints pick ups.

• Advertisement

the encounter with the first shambler has an additional shambler in a closed area underground personnelly I said **** that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ok so this is where I am in game.
    day 3 abby.

Have I much left?

A few hours left. Depending on where about in that day you are. Could be 5 ish.

Look at your save file it has a timer on it. It's probably at 24 hours now. Ending is nearer 30 than 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ah here now, slow down posty

Folks I'm very grateful for the help. Big shout out to Penn. The
    wizkid

*seeing AVFC.Stephen using spoiler tags correctly*

h16jl6r.gif

*seeing AVFC.Stephen using spoiler tags correctly*

h16jl6r.gif

You need to start a thread about gifs spoilers pics and all sorts on boards. I will follow lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

It took me just under 30 hours, I did a lot of exploring early on but around where you are
    on the island with abby
    I just blitzed through it, didn't really stop to take it all in because I just wanted to get the end even though I did really like the game. Just really wanted to see how the story would play out.

AVFC and co do not read this! Don't read unless finished!
    Even after the island and the farm I thought that last section in Santa Barbara was pretty crap. I liked the setting and would like a zombie game set in a warm climate like that rather than all doom and gloom. However the rattlers just seem like a half arsed faction, no backstory and the game basically just says these are really bad guys who keep slaves and torture infected. Also didn't make sense to me that they would have the military grade machine gun with silencers etc. while the WLF have only basic weaponry. The attack on the mansion was such a drag as well, only fun bits were releasing the clickers and watching the chaos. After that it was just enemy after enemy until I finally got to the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

There's a hell of a lot of spoiler tags in here. I thought the other thread was created to house all this stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rob2D wrote: »
    There's a hell of a lot of spoiler tags in here. I thought the other thread was created to house all this stuff?

Other thread is for full end game spoilers. This is spoiler tag as you go so you can discuss parts you are at.... Safely. True though, i seriously need to get a move on. The only part i was spoiled by the leak already happened so I've no idea on the rest, want to keep it that way.

Rob2D wrote: »

I'm a bit confused to be honest because the spoilers thread still has a mod note saying use spoiler tags and theres not a lot of discussion there compared to here. I'll delete my post if people think its out of place but I tried to give warnings prior to the spoiler tags.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: No problem with people using spoiler tags here as they're progressing through the game and need some specific info or what not. But yes do keep the discussion about the ins and outs of the entire plot to the other thread, will lift the need for spoiler tags entirely in that thread very shortly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

2nd half of the game spoilers to follow

Is it feasible for me to finish this tonight? I am at the part where
    I am on my way to the hospital with the scar kid, have just gotten to the skyscraper

Have about 6 or 7 hours free this evening/tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Markitron wrote: »

I am on my way to the hospital with the scar kid, have just gotten to the skyscraper

Be touch and go I think still a fair bit to get through yet.

Markitron wrote: »

I'd say you'll be a few hours short to be honest. Handiest thing to do is check how many hours you're in, most people finish it in 28-30 hours so if you're say 24 hours in you should be able to push through to the end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

(Very minor location spoiler for the second half of the game)

It’s a shame they couldn’t release this during lockdown, as there was definitely a market for a
    visiting an abandoned Woodie’s
    simulator :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Joshua J wrote: »
    Be touch and go I think still a fair bit to get through yet.
    I'd say you'll be a few hours short to be honest. Handiest thing to do is check how many hours you're in, most people finish it in 28-30 hours so if you're say 24 hours in you should be able to push through to the end.

Cheers. I'm 21 hours in so I'll give it a go a see where I get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

4 million sales in the first three days, some figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Is 4 million a lot when theirs 100 million sold playstations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

It's the fastest selling PS4 exclusive game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Barlett wrote: »
    4 million sales in the first three days, some figure.
    Get woke go broke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought Naughty Dog were about to ruin themselves by making a game no one wanted to buy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ha ha, reminds me of the Call of Duty boycotters who were still playing the game on Steam during the opening weekend.

Advertisement