Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Shiminay wrote: »
    It's hackneyed and utterly boring to use violence against women to sell computer games and I expected more from them.

Ah, c'mon, this wasn't some damsel in distress style trope where the female characters wait passively to be rescued. To try and mark it down as some sort of cliched, misogynistic fantasy is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Shiminay wrote: »
    I respectfully disagree, I think it's lazy and unimaginative writing.

It's a game made for adults, to be played by adults, what if it was a woman mincing a mans arm???? Would you be so vocal, not likely. :confused:

Easiest thing to is not play the game when it's released. Millions will disagree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Between this and RDR2... I am very excited.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't see the issue, why is fictional violence against women any worse than fictional violence against men?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't see the issue, why is fictional violence against women any worse than fictional violence against men?

Seems lately you cant go a feckin day without someone crying foul on some goddamn gender issue. It's just incessant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

It baffles me too.

Back on topic, that is one of the best trailers for a game I've ever seen, the game play or story line won't disappoint, hopefully, Naughty Dog don't do sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

It isn't. But people love to make an argument out of nothing, especially on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

What violence against women? I saw characters from a game world in a situation they might find themselves in that game world... like, seriously, how anyone can get any offense from that is beyond me!

World is well beyond gone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

You can bet your life savings that had all the character in that scene been men, the same people/blogs/news articles/podcasts would be complaining about the lack of female characters in a game that set out such strong ones in the first.

Some people just like to complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Only violence towards men should be shown in games. It's as stupid as saying no violence in games. GTA should be banned etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Yeah, let it sink into the ether and be forgotten about. Even if it was all women beating up women, someone would complain. On that note, it's two women instigating violence against others - there just happens to be blokes there going through with orders. Let's magically forget that TLOU also had very strong female characters just as knee-deep in crud as the blokes were. Screw the equality, there's violence to complain about!
    The theories thus far based on both trailers have been interesting. That Joel is dead / figment of her imagination, and that the pregnant lady is her mother - that's just scraping the surface. The fact the trailers are being so finely cut with knives looking for info shows how much people want it.
    . Still annoyed at not getting to play them on PC.

I wish I hadn't read that spoiler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Polygon is a political organiztion masquerading as game journalism.

Ah yeah I had heard it. I'm progressing on the basis none of it will happen. I'm kind of conflicted as TLOU was one of my favourite games and I was perfectly happy how it ended but at the same time want to play the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Cant wait for this..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The combat looks really engaging (assuming that's accurate representation). As much as I loved the first game, the combat was nothing special.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There did seem to be a few scripted bits, but it looks absolutely amazing.

the combat in TLOU actually worked better in the PvP than it did in the story but it was very hit and miss in the game, literally. I started a new play through just this week, it's so relaxing on the normal modes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Simply stunning. Really does make me wanna pick up TLOU again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ellie looking more and more like Ashley Johnson. The cinematic bookends were fantastic. Really makes me excited for the game and story, as well as the incredible gameplay in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the combat in TLOU actually worked better in the PvP than it did in the story but it was very hit and miss in the game, literally. I started a new play through just this week, it's so relaxing on the normal modes.

I've been playing on Grounded the last couple of weeks, not fun at all. I loved my survivor playthrough but grounded is basically me speed running through levels as it's so hard to actually try and take anyone on.

I like the little reference you Joel "you're old man giving us orders", unless Joel is actually dead and they're referring to someone else who took care of Ellie.

Combat looks so tense and deadly. Game is looking incredible. Wish we got a whiff of a release date though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

gimli2112 wrote: »
    In the middle of a playthrough myself grabbed it in the sale not played since release. First time through I was super sneak mode, taking forever to get passed an area. This time I'm just running and gunning which seems more Joels style in fairness. Playing this way means mobs drop ammo too, which they don't playing sneak/stealth. Super hyped for TLOU2, looks amazing.

I loved Survivor too. I posted on reddit today that it was both the most stressful and rewarding gaming experience ever. I did start a grounded play through but it was doing my head in, to the point of wondering why I was doing it to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I've been playing on Grounded the last couple of weeks, not fun at all. I loved my survivor playthrough but grounded is basically me speed running through levels as it's so hard to actually try and take anyone on.

I like the little reference you Joel "you're old man giving us orders", unless Joel is actually dead and they're referring to someone else who took care of Ellie.

Combat looks so tense and deadly. Game is looking incredible. Wish we got a whiff of a release date though.

Im guessing itl be 2019 bit they will wait until the Sony expo later in the year to announce it..

I hope they keep the multiplayer,and i know its a meme at this stage but a Battle Royale type mode would really suit it given how the first games multiplayer worked

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭brevity

Might dig out the first one. Only have the PS3 tho...

PS4 or 5 and TLOU2 for next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Hopefully we'll be playing it by this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll be playing it by this time next year.

I doubt it to be honest. If I had to put money on it I'd say March 2020.

You can actually taste the salt...

453213.PNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

You can actually taste the salt...

453213.PNG

Really hope there's a lesbian subplot in the next Tomb Raider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, the trailer videos on Youtube are getting loads of dislikes for what you can only imagine is the lesbian stuff because the game looks incredible.

Not like it's a new thing, Ellie was lezzing it up in the first game too!

Advertisement